Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[B*tching] How many people with '06 TC's have the Cubby light, you know the hole below the climate controls?
Why dont i have one, my friend Vanessa just got her '06 and she has it but I dont, maybe cause my build date is 05/05? [/B*tching]

Rob

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They're all supposed to have it. Both of mine do (or did until I disconnected mine).

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you pull off your console, you should have the plug for it there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k

·
Registered
203 Posts
I hate that light. The next time I take the console apart, it's getting disconnected...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Second day I had the car I put a piece of blue stage light gel under it to dim it out. It's barely noticable now. But for one day it was way too intrusive.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 10 2006, 09:20 PM
They're all supposed to have it. Both of mine do (or did until I disconnected mine).
Man, I hate that damn thing. Lance, how did you disconnect it? I cant seem to get my hands up in there to reach it. - or is there another way?

It's too bright with my gauge lights on damn near the lowest possible setting.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
If you go into the center console from the top or from the passenger side, you can pull out the light socket.

·
Registered
895 Posts
All you have to do is reach from behind the console on the passenger side. You will have to remove a plastic rivet that holds the carpet next to the console. The rivet slides right back in when you are done. I like my light, but I replaced mine with a blue LED form superbrightleds.com.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
i replaced mine also(white led), and i rigged it to a switch, so that way, its on when I want it to be.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.