Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help here? It seems at though it's too big and the door panel won't fit back on. Also, with what did you mount it to the door?

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I put my crossover inside the door assembly. It is low enough so the window still clears when it is at its lowest position. I just attached it with double sided tape and it has worked just fine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks! you mean on the interior of the door panel itself? (as in between the pieces of sheet metal that encase the window)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the sort of pedantry up with which I will not put.

LOL

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jake, did you use anything to protect it from the elements? It looks like it could get wet in there...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since the window rolls down into there I thought that some of the residual moisture and whatever moisture that would make it past the window's lower weather stripping may find its way into there. Just being safe I guess...

I ended up mounting it behind (as in towards the rear of the car) and a little below the door handle, on the side that's adjacent to the door's interior plastic panel. I was able to make it fit--I had to just pop the top cover off the crossover, and that bought me a little room to with which to work.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah--actually I ended up doing what alpman did--see my post above...

I saw that his crossover didn't have a cover on it, so I removed it from mine and was able to mount it where he did.

Jake, yeah it would have fit fine in between the two pieces of sheet metal--I was really looking at putting it just forward of the speaker in that space, but decided not to. Just didn't feel like extending the wires hehe..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.