Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we should start hammering this out. The more time the more people we could get to participate. How does the end of April/beginning of May look for everybody involved? It should be past the possibility of any winter weather anywhere on the route and after Tax Day.

Ready?
Discuss amongst yourselves.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm only free towards the end of the school year which for me is the middle of June.

We should get everything planned ahead of time....where we will go, hotels we can stay in and such. Oh and how much money to bring or to save up for that matter.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Hotels? You need to take a look at the original thread. This isn't a drive for the soft or weak bladdered. We're talking straight through to Atlanta and back. We'll just have a couple of nights in Atlanta to party, recover, and turn around for California.

June is way too late, but I have some things going on in my personal life that may challenge the event. My grandmother turns 90 this spring, and I have to make that event. I may be starting new employment, so vacation time might be a little tough. We'll have to see...at least gas prices are not too bad right now...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's an opportunity right now. Still not sure if it's what I want to do, but I have final interviews tomorrow. Same deal I have now, work from home and travel, but the territory is a lot bigger and there is no bonus cap. Might be really sweet, might not. I'll know more tomorrow. If I do cash out my current vacation, I'll have the cash for the Supra single upgrade...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I'm fine with whenever, Atlanta isn't too far. Although I'm half tempted to fly out there and ride with you guys down to Atlanta. Now THAT, my friends, would be crazy and completely bad ass

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Obike@Nov 14 2005, 02:02 PM
I'm fine with whenever, Atlanta isn't too far. Although I'm half tempted to fly out there and ride with you guys down to Atlanta. Now THAT, my friends, would be crazy and completely bad ass
All those things, but do-able too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry I didn't read the original post. So, this is like a leave friday and return monday thing....I'm all in for that...I like roadtrips.

Tell me when though....I might be able to attend, if not I'll catch the next one.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Original schedule was leave Saturday at 6 pm, arrive in Atlanta Monday around 9 am, depart Wednesday afternoon about 2 pm and arrive home in Sactown at midnight Thursday. 3 days and 2 nights in Atlanta.

3 drivers, 70 hours of driving total.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Now when you say 3 drivers...does that mean there are only three tC's going or are there 3 people per car?

I'm in Bakersfield so I'd arrive home sometime early in the morning. Probibly would leave sometime around noon from here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Switching drivers every time you have to fill the tank works quite well. I dont know about straight across though. 36 hours each way, that's a lot of time sitting on your ass.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
^^^That's why this trip isn't for the weak.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Or weak of bladder. Thankfully I have trained myself on non-stop drives to New York with luggage piled on top of me in a cramped Saturn (thanks Dad, knew that bladder training would come in handy)! If you gotta pee, use that 20oz you chugged at the last stop.

I actually like driving non-stop for long periods just by myself... longest I've been behind the wheel just stopping for food/gas is 13hrs. Frickin fun trip, that's for sure.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Nov 16 2005, 11:51 AM
That's why God made Gatorade bottles.
Preach it brother.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.