Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read thru the two-page post called "scratch remover..." and there's a lot of opinions on there. Here's my predicament....

When I was installing my amp, the power cable I was feeding through the firewall left white marks on the quarter panel everytime it touched it! Doesn't make any sense to me, since it was a clear-red cable and now I've got TONS of little white marks. Is this what a clay bar would be good for? The only discussion I've seen about clay bars seem to be with people who know what they're for; and I have no clue! Lol.. (please don't hate on me)

I just got my car out of the shop yesterday, and they did a TERRIBLE job on the finish. It looks like they didnt let the Clear coat dry all the way before they "buffed" it. I would've gone back to the shop but I got there after dusk and didn't notice it until this morning, and I'm out of town. Assuming the worst and I have to fix it, is this the sort of thing that can be fixed with Z-5? I've got a lot of swirl marks/spider-webby looking marks from poor washing.

Speaking of Zaino, tC's DO have Clear coat, right? So would I follow Z-5 with Z-2? The Z-2 product page says it has to be flashed with ZFX... what??

And, about microfiber towels, and wax applicators... I bought some at Target, and as soon as I tried the towels on my car after washing, they left all kinds of fibers on the car! And then, the wax applicators did the same thing! Are these things just really cheap and I should get better ones, or do they have to be machine washed first or something?

Sorry for the list of questions, it's a little hard to piece together all of the information I need from previous posts.

In advance, THANKS!

-Alan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.