Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was late and i was on the phone. I left the it in 2nd gear when i came to a stop and forgot to shift to 1 before going so the car stalled. I push the clutch all the way down, shift it to neutral, and turned the key, but it wouldn't start back up.

Did I F*up my car?

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I can't imagine how. Stalling is no big deal.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not troubled because it stalled. but the fact that it didnt start back up is what worries me.

I had to get out of the car and push the car then jump in and start it by pushing down the clutch and releasing it. (reminds of the times when i drove my cousin's beat down jetta)

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still had lights.

when i turn the key i hear.. va va va va va. but no VROOM.

best I can describe it. Any thoughts?

oh, is it bad to start the car by pushing it and then using the clutch to start the engin? Will the dealer blame me?

· Registered
4,894 Posts
You probably flooded the engine.. it takes a sec to let it drain out.

· Registered
39 Posts
during the va va va va part . . . give it gas, same thing happened to my Jeep.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
I don't think this was the problem but some where in the manual it says you have to completely release the clutch (with the keyed turned to off) then push the clutch back in and turn the key. For future times if this happens. It happened to me a few times but once I released the clutch and turned the key all they way to the off position it worked fine.

-Eric

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Originally posted by KatiestC@Feb 9 2006, 10:50 AM
during the va va va va part . . . give it gas, same thing happened to my Jeep.
You should never do this to a fuel injected engine, and the throttle on the tC won't do anything until the engine starts anyway. The computer controls the throttle, and you control the computer, but you do not control the throttle directly. In the computer world its called hardware abstraction. It keeps the users from doing bad things to the hardware with software. You have to plug things together wrong these days to screw up hardware.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.