Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pumped and just about ready to get my tC. But i have one Q. How is the headroom for people 6ft-6'5"? I am very curious about this as i have read several reviews saying a 6 footer would have to duck his head in the backseat, and even have trouble in the frontseat. Is this true?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not 6 feet (5'10") and I feel like I'm a little cramped in there... But hey, if I wanted room I'd have bought a Dodge Ram

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I'm 6'1, no troubles in the back or front seat. 6'5 might be different - you might have to open the sunroof shade if you don't want your head to touch it.

Drivers seat moves up and down about an inch, btw.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
My friend is 6'4, he was able to comfortably sit in the front seat. I have yet to hear someone complain about the room in the back, because honestly it's one of the more spacious two-seaters around (I can sit back there comfortably and I'm 6'0). As far as people 6'0 and up sitting in the front... I'm able to do it quite comfortably. I have no problems with head room.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok cool, cause i am about 6'0 maybe a bit more, my dad is 6'2" and several of my friends are over 6 feet (one of them is 6'8" and still growing) but those last 2 responses were encouraging. I have looked at other cars (ford focus, chevy cavalier, chevy aveo, the camry) but so far i love this one. So cool and so inexpensive, and with that ipod hookup, 6CD changer and subwoofer addition, my car will be rockin. Glad to see that some of you taller people dont have much trouble

edit: I actually just compared the tC to the Cobalt Coupe (from chevy) and it is about even in the seating specs to the tC.

The cobalt had more front head room by an inch, but the tC had more rear. The tC had more shoulder room in both front and back. the tC destroyed the cobalt in terms of hip room. and the cobalt had .4 Inches more leg room in the front but the tC had more in the back. You know, every day there is a shorter and shorter list of reasons that i shouldnt buy this car. Thas list i think now, is almost non existent.

Oh, and if you add the leg room and head room 37.6 (head) + 41.6 (leg)

you get 79.2 inches. Does that mean that the tallest a person can be w/o hitting there head is 6'7"? Cause 79 = 6ft. 7 inches

edit #2: I just compare the tC to the Ford Focus, and the Focus really blows the tC out of the water, but the focus was a sedan while the tC is a coupe...so im not really sure that was a fair comparison

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
eh... the numbers don't work out exactly that way but that can give you a good guesstimate to work off of.

Remember, you can always tilt your seat back to get some more head room =/

P.S. My tall friend complained about being cramped on a long trip that we made together (~9hr drive in the car one way)... I think this is because he isn't used to sitting properly. He kept wanting to prop his feet on the dash board, but after a few punches and making him clean it when we got to our destination had him change his mind real quick about doing it in the future. Some people that aren't used to sitting properly (regardless of height) find the tC uncomfortable (at least from my own personal experiences)... so if you have people that are slouches... blame their posture and tell them to sit properly.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Im six foot three, and fit fine in the front seat, the back seat forget about it. My father is 6'0" and is long waisted and can't fit in the car, so it is all in how you are built. I feel about 4" or so too tall for the back seat, but do you really buy a two seater to move around big people?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I'm 6'2" and am extremely comfortable driving it.

The best thing to do is test drive is a few times yourself. While it helps to get other's feedback, there's none like your own.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have yet to get mine, but the one I test drove was very comfortable in the front seat (I am 6') but the backseat, my head hit the glass when they were vertical if i sat on either side. Sitting in the center and slouching wasnt so bad though, and I never tried to recline them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Jul 13 2005, 09:32 AM
Im six foot three, and fit fine in the front seat, the back seat forget about it.  My father is 6'0" and is long waisted and can't fit in the car, so  it is all in how you are built.  I feel about 4" or so too tall for the back seat, but do you really buy a two seater to move around big people?
wow, that must be a cramped backseat. I guess there is a big difference between the front and back. Yet still, i love how this car is shaping up! I also had some Q's about the ipod hookup. So do you open the console, plug it in to a prutruding chord? IS that it? And with the sterrin wheel, can you select artists/playlists with it, or just change songs once you are in a playlist? And also, with the 'o6 tC, does the 6 CD changer come standard? And one more, for those of you that got the subwoofer, how is it? It looks reall good, all tucked away in back.

Thats about it, once those are cleared up, I am sold on this baby

one more, can i fit golf clubs in the trunk/backseat, or would i hafta fold down the seats? And how easy is it to do that?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
6CD changer is not standard.
I believe steering wheel controls are just cycling through songs, etc.
There is discussion on how the iPod mounts here.
The bazooka sub is good... the acoustics allow for you to hear it inside but not really hear it outside of the car.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Back seats take all of two seconds to fold down. You might be able to fit the bag/clubs in there without folding, but I think you'd have an easier time laying the seats down.

·
Registered
189 Posts
if your really too tall, u can just drive with your head sticking out the sunroof =). that way youll have infinite head room.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yeah I am 6'1 and the front seat is perfect. The back seat is a little different. My head is just touching at the back, but you can fix this by just putting your seat back a little. The leg room is awsome so no worries there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wait, if the 6 CD changer is standard, what option is it included with?I went too "buikd your own scion" and dont see it listed. Isnt the AM/FM/CD deck by pioneer include the 6 CD changer? I thought it did?

edit: And if the sterring wheel only controls choosing songs, you have to actually use the ipod itself to change artist and playlists. I will prolly just use the 6 CD changer, but we'll see.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Front seat should be fine as long as you lower the seat with the raising/lowering lever all the way down to the bottom (although 6' 2" to 6' 5" you might still be a little bit cramped depending on how much you recline the seat). You can't lower the back seats so you will not fit comfortably in the back without reclining the seats back (which I assume was the main reason for having them recline in the first place.)

·
Registered
264 Posts
there's another thread somewhere about the 6cd changer when i was asking that question. you can try the search function for that. as far as i know, there is no option for the 6 cd changer at all unless you get the 2005 stereo without the knob/dial volume control. (also you wouldn't get the ipod hookup with the 2k5 stereo).

·
Registered
126 Posts
i just gotta say to the guy that was compoaring the cobalt to the tc... go drive em...it is seriously nightr and day... the cobalt feels like a rental you want to trash and the tc feels like luxury....i had a dodge neon and i just dont like little american cares anymore.. lol i did love my neon though.. it was fun to modify

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.