Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the TRD springs for my Tc from sparks and i called one dealer so far, and they wanted $420 just for install they said its a 5 hour job. how much did yall pay for install and where? where should i go to get these installed?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
my garage if you are in NorCal. is not, see if you can find a speed shop, they usually do piece rate, not time rate.
dealers charge 5-6 hours, and it blows my mind. from lift to drop, i can do them in under 2 hours every time. but, thats what dealers do.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
bring your shock.struts.springs.short shifter and we can knock it out in a few hours no sweat. besides, the drive through SoOregon and NorCal is very cool. carve the mountains on your way home.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
yeah ive been done there several times. i drive down to lake shasta every summer. i think im going to probally end up getting coilovers,shocks,short shifter and bring them down for you to instal next summer depending on if i can get the money for the parts.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i wont go into the coilover thing (our suspension is a coilover), but if you go with a set of aftermarket coilovers (tein, etc) you certainly wont need other shocks. they are a complete unit, shock and spring. think lower sways as well if you really want to get glued down.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You mean F&R sways by Hotchkis? Are they still available?

·
Registered
197 Posts
at least your dealer diddnt quote you $900. i laughed and walked out. needless to say i still havent bothered purchasing any springs yet. i wished i lived in cali so i could get the hook-up.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've mentioned this before on several different threads. I haven't actually had any springs installed, but I've gotten a quote from two different local places and they both said $250 for spring install and they'd need my car for half a day (just to be safe). It would also be another $50 for a wheel alignment afterwards, which you will want to do.

So... figure $300-ish total. I'd shop around til you found something closer to this price. Otherwise, I'd say $420 isn't bad (for a dealer), if it includes the alignment. Like someone else mentioned, I've heard of some people paying $600-1000 or more... ouch.

Alternatively, if you have a mechanically inclined friend, you can borrow a spring compressor from your local AutoZone/Pep Boys/etc. and do it yourself for free.

Good luck finding a deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.