Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tried cooking anything on the roof of their tc??...my roof gets so hot i GER-RUN-TEE i could cook some scrambled eggs up on it. lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
what about the interior? yesterday i was at a US Am (golf) qualifier from 7:15am-6:00pm... 93* and sunny all day.. .wasn't sure if it was gonna rain, so i had to have my windows/sunroof closed... when i got back in that car... WHOA! i've got the TWM Gunmetal (black) knob, which was actually too hot to touch. I had to slap the car into gear, and after a minute, i grabbed a t-shirt from my backseat and wrapped it around the knob... i'm pretty sure any food would have cooked on that thing...

·
Registered
172 Posts
well it certainly was warmer than 93 last week..the heat index was in the 110-115 range for a day or two... just happened to be 93 on that day, and just happened to have my car in direct sunlight for 11 hours... that's quite the combo.

problem here is the humidity. the weather we've been having since june 1 has been as hot or hotter than florida, with humidity being as high or higher. makes ya sweat like a mofo.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
try having no a/c and black car, doh!! its killin' me. sad when i ride my bike to the gym because its cooler than driving

·
Registered
346 Posts
i wouldnt cook eggs on a car. that crap will ruin your paint

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Just wrap a spud in foil and stick it up there. Baked potato in a few hours for sure.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Oh yeah?!? One time here in WI it almost became room temperature! *whew* good thing that only happens once in a while!

(that was a joke, WI actually does get pretty hot, just try to park in the shade and stay cool!
)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.