Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through the threads, and came up empty, maybe someone else can search better, or has an answer: I'm trying to hook up an amp to the stock deck, as well as my mp3 player (Creative Nomad Zen Jukebox, std stereo mini plug output). I know that the factory sub can connect to the deck, and sat radio can also, meaning to me that this deck has an extra input and output. For some reason, I can't seem to find a simple wiring adapter to make this setup work with an aftermarket amp and mp3 player instead. I have an RCA patch cord, but there are no RCA outputs, and I have no clue where to connect the lead wire to turn on the amp when the deck is on. So...how does this shizz work?

· Registered
664 Posts
well ya need a speaker level to rca level converter.. crutchfield.com has these.. most amps will take the speaker wire and accept them directly. easier that way and less way of noise to enter into the signal too..

as far as the mp3 hook up.. if you want a direct input you can get PIE's aux input, it uses a wiring harness to connect to the radio and then you push CD twice and bam it's on.. just connect up a 1/8" stereo headphone plug (minijack) into the player and the other end is two rca plugs that go into the PIE unit.. simple as that..

i am assuming you have an 05 tC? cuz if it's an 06 they provided an input.. oh well.. the PIE is like $60 or so.. www.pie.net is their website but just checked it and it's down.. toy03-aux i think is the model of the aux input

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.