Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just thinking..... This is probably one of the stupidest and impracticle things you could do but......

what if you had a cold air intake...Sliced it... and put in a whole bunch of Computer fans on the intake. Like maybe 10 or 15 fans on the intake....i wonder what would happen... i wonder.....

I saw a video once online of an RSX type-s on a dyno, first it did a regular run, then the guys strapped a gas powered leaf blower to the intake and ran the car like that, and it increased the power..., although it wasn't cold air it was still cramming air into the engine

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
well if its not cold air would the gain be minimal or atleast top out really easy regardless of how many fans after u've got so many. going. and u'd have to run those fans on a power source. if it would work anything like those "electric superchargers" then it would run off the alternator....i dont know about that idea. sounds harder to perfect than necessary. especially when turbos exist.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea def... it was just like a retarded idea i had, do those electric superchargers work?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
according to Kirill they do. but Lance says that they cancel out the power they would make by running off the alternators power source decreasing its efficiency basically....or sumthing like that.

ur already supercharched tho why do u need it? dont those ZPI pulleys work to give u more numbers?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
oops nevermind i guess ur not s/c'ed (read ur sig)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
they dont require a whole lot of juice, you could probably hook the things to your battery.

but...your everyday computer fan is made to just provide air-circulation. the fans might help at idle, but even mild acceleration would out-perform the fan's capability and probably destroy them in the process, so now you have chunks of plastic getting sucked in >..>

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You can buy a "fake turbo" on eBay. It's some thing that goes in your exhaust tip and "emulates" the sound of a spooling turbo. I think it's the definition of rice.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, how bout we just strap an industrial size gas powered leaf blower in the trunk.....isolate it to reduce the noise....when someone wants to race you at a redlight you quickly open the trunk start the thing up and have a throtle control in the front by the steering wheel and just crank it up. it would be like NOS, LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by superchargedscion@Feb 10 2006, 10:33 AM
haha, how bout we just strap an industrial size gas powered leaf blower in the trunk.....isolate it to reduce the noise....when someone wants to race you at a redlight you quickly open the trunk start the thing up and have a throtle control in the front by the steering wheel and just crank it up. it would be like NOS, LOL
LOL that would be pretty hilarious if done. i don't know if it'll give any boost but it sure as hell will help sweep all those leaves and junk off the road... very economical

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It would also give off a custom sound 4 Cylinder 2.4L mixed with a 60cc blower

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I'm thikin dry ice or some sort of liquid nitrogen infront of your intake.. YEAH BOYYY!
haha thought about it. got over it the second it was over. No.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
You could get several of those 92mm Vantec Tornados, which are 12V so they'd feed right off any 12V line but the problem is they draw 1amp each, so you're limited to how many you can run and although they are fairly thick for 92mm fans at 32mm they still won't put out much psi even with 10 of them in series (which, btw, would be hella' hard to rig up leak-free) and at that point you're drawing 10amps at 12V.

-Ed

·
Registered
215 Posts
Originally posted by superchargedscion@Feb 10 2006, 01:33 PM
LMFAO HAHAHA
if i saw that happen one day on a video or anything or even in real life i think i would just sit there and laugh cuz I can just picture someone opening up the truck running back there starting the blower and go!!! HAHA

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
anyone hear about "throttle body extensions?" I guess they connect from your intake to the throttle body and makes the air go in at a "swirl" which is suppseod to put up 10ponies. Hmm.. anyone hear of this? (hard to believe) its around $90

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
^^^Sounds like the turbonator.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by ALaS@Feb 12 2006, 11:01 PM
anyone hear about "throttle body extensions?" I guess they connect from your intake to the throttle body and makes the air go in at a "swirl" which is suppseod to put up 10ponies. Hmm.. anyone hear of this? (hard to believe) its around $90
i find any of that stuf hard to beleive just becuase when the air flows through the valve in the throttle body i would think that disrupts the flow or "swirl" from being a "swirl"

·
Registered
493 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.