Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this and couldn't find anything even mentioning this. I have had my 06 tc for three days now and twice when getting into the car and starting it a message pops up on the stock head unit saying "ipod comm error" does anyone know what causes this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i leave the ipod hooked up all the time. most of the time i start up the car and it picks up right where i left off. but a couple times so far it gives me this comm error message. if i unplug it turn it off and on then plug it back in it works ok, but its just annoying. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Do you live where it gets pretty cold at night? My iPod is left in the car 24/7 and sometimes on very cold night the iPod will think it has a dad battery and turn off during boot up cause my Alpine HU not to see it.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Yeah, the iPod just doesn't like getting that cold so you may want to bring it in with you at night and see if the errors go away.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Yeah, mine really hates it some days but I don't feel like taking it in. The 5th Gen gets to stay nice and warm in the apartment with me, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.