Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
its is shiny. deep, wet. it has a smaller dose of metallic in it than the flint mica, but it is there and very pretty in the sunlight. gorgeous color, imho. and i own a flint mica.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yes, i agree. I own the negative image of BSP... super white, and to be honest, BSP would have been my second choice. Looks soo beautiful when its cleaned up! Not a flat black at all... nice pearl and glow to it. Good choice if you ask me... just stay away from cleaner waxes and car washes to keep the swirl marks away!

·
Registered
79 Posts
If I didn't have an indigo ink pearl corolla and an indigo ink pearl matrix, I probably would have gone with the indigo ink pearl tC. Instead, I went with the BSP, and I'm glad I did because if you keep it clean, I think it is the best color you can get for the tC. I love how it's not a flat black, but has metallic flakes that shine in the sun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I test drove a BSP and was surprised how much the metallic flakes shine in the sun just like the flakes in FM. In fact, so far I received more stares test driving the BSP than driving the FM. But you definitely have to keep it clean. Dust, pollen, dirt from the rain, etc. was all over the BSP I drove and I noticed how it all shows up very easily on it much more than it does on my FM.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've owned a black car before and vowed never to do it again, due to the fact that you have to wash it constantly to keep it clean and I just don't have the time. But man oh man do they look good when they're spotless.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i own a black sand pearl. i do believe its the best looking color when u finish washing it. what i do is i leave it in the rain when i see the swirls and the white dirt all over it. and if it rains really hard, it will leave ur BSP spotless. it really works, try it!

i dont think washing my car is worth it because the day after, it was dirty again. so rain will do the trick

·
Registered
175 Posts
Love to mix things up..........

I always will have a black car, and personally, I don't care for the huge metallic in the paint. Out of all the black cars I've seen, if the paint job is excellent, plain black is nice, I love the blue small metallics in the Honda's. But overall, this metallic is just TOO big and TOO brown.

But, that does NOT mean I dno't like it. It's black, and that's good enough for me.

Hehehe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
B E A UTIFUL!! black sand pearl.. once u go black u cant go back!

looks really good if clean. in the summer or in the winter. maybe i'm bias? i like the super white also because it looks good with the tint and panorama moonroof. but whit egets dirty too fast

·
Registered
32 Posts
BSP rules. All my cars are black! Funeral Fleet!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Black looks great until you get in the car on a summer day and it's 20 degrees hotter than any other color, and 40 degrees hotter than white. I'll never own a black car in Sacramento.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
i hear you on that one. my car is already getting kinda hot inside durring the day. It goes without saying that the record bag will not be shut up in the car this summer. (or, really any time at all, ever. ever.)

and the preservation of the black paint is a biatch. (and the flint too.)

·
Registered
580 Posts
The Black is alright, kinda hides the lines of the car and it takes a lot of work keeping it clean all the time cuz it only looks good when its clean. I would own a black car if I could afford my own personal car washer.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by pinky25@Apr 6 2005, 08:50 AM
The Black is alright, kinda hides the lines of the car and it takes a lot of work keeping it clean all the time cuz it only looks good when its clean. I would own a black car if I could afford my own personal car washer.
Yeah but for those of us who do not mind keeping it looking clean all the time we LOVE IT!

I love my black sand pearl and it has not gone a day yet that the paint has looked dirty or has been dirty for that matter! Its a great color especially when just waxed, really deep black. It is hard to keep clean but I don't care I like cleaning it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.