Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my TC I qualified for a college graduate rebate of $400. I've had my car for over a month now and I haven't heard a word about it. Has anyone else received this rebate?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I don't know the details, but with most dealers that I've experienced with that is $400 off the final price... not a mail-in rebate or anything. D, anything to add?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is what I thought would happen but they didn't know anything about it and they said I would get it in the mail. The finance guy was the biggest jerk ever and it was like pulling teeth to get anything done. I guess I am going to have to call the dealership and raise hell. Thank you! I would have been waiting forever!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Dah!!! I graduated less than a week before I ordered my car, and nobody ever told me about that! Oh well. I didn't want to finance through the dealership anyway.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got that rebate, but my husband had searched on toyota.com about possible rebates before we went to the dealer. Why would they let you know of a way YOU could save $? They're all in it for themselves. Then we got 3 calls from the seller to ask us to rate them high on the survey, wow, maybe if she didn't bug us so much we would have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called the dealership and he told me that they had a problem with people not showing their diploma and still getting the rebate and in the end that $400 had to come out of the dealership's pocket. He said that I should be getting a check in about two weeks. We'll see! I will be getting it either way because they have a copy of my diploma and I bought it the last day that was offered. I will throw a fit until I get it.
When I was there to sign all of the paperwork the first time, the finance manager was a sleazy guy. He talked to me like I was just some stupid idiot girl that had no clue about anything and I should just shut up. He also acted like I was insane when I mentioned the rebate and that there was no way I could get it because of my credit. I almost punched him in the face because my credit is perfect! He also said that I couldn't put off my first payment for 90 which comes with the college graduate program. He just didn't want to deal with it because it was close to closing time and he was going to be on vacation starting the next day. He also added on an extended warranty for $1500 that I didn't see until I got home that night! I called the next day and talked directly to the sales manager and he fixed everything without a problem. I had to resign all of my paperwork through a different person because I didn't want to deal with that jerk again. It was a big pain in the butt and I just wanted to strangle the finance manger. So my warning is.... WATCH THE FINANCE GUY VERY, VERY CLOSELY! They have many ways of being tricky so be careful!! Don't let them rush you through the process because they probably put something in that you didn't know about. Watch closely!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.