Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Dilema.... I used to have a could air intake. I liked the sound of it and all but the only problem was that i didn't have a bypass valve so i sucked in water.... Ouch, yea so i planned on getting a cold air installed from the dealer so i have nothing to worry about but will having a cold air shorten the long term life of my engine? will having a bypass valve eliminate any fear of water getting into the manifold.... and is having a cold air intake wise to have while having a supercharger....? I'm thinking of getting a short ram but i miss that sound of when you switch gears and you hear the intake suck in air, almost like a whistle, which i think you won't get as much if you get a short ram....

· Registered
4,643 Posts
When it comes to the sound - CAI and SR will be very very very hard to tell apart.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
short rams are usually louder than a CAI in my experience. the aem intake (if it ever comes out) is mated to the trd supercharger (if it ever comes out) as a package, and is designed with a water trap inline.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Only the CARB knows.

· Registered
62 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Apr 21 2005, 04:32 PM
the aem intake (if it ever comes out) is mated to the trd supercharger (if it ever comes out) as a package, and is designed with a water trap inline.
That's odd, the only pictures I've seen of the TRD supercharger show a stock looking box with a TRD panel air filter.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Whoa, so their estimated 40 HP gain is actually the SC and the AEM intake? Weird...

· Registered
2,144 Posts
"They" haven't said ANYTHING about what the hp gain will be. The 40hp is speculation. Seriously, nearly everything you've heard about the supercharger wasn't said by TRD. They aren't saying anything at all

I think they owe it to us to explain why the supercharger is taking up to a year longer than we were originally told.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Apr 26 2005, 07:44 PM
"They" haven't said ANYTHING about what the hp gain will be. The 40hp is speculation. Seriously, nearly everything you've heard about the supercharger wasn't said by TRD. They aren't saying anything at all

I think they owe it to us to explain why the supercharger is taking up to a year longer than we were originally told.
Well the 40 HP estimation was quoted in many car reviews that I had read before buying my tC, so I figured TRD must have released that figure...

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
The whole thing is starting to sound like Elvis sightings. Nobody who really knows anything is talking to anyone who might broadcast the info. So we're all mushrooms for the time being (kept in the dark and being fed BS).

Wait, did I say mushroom without saying Badger?

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Apr 26 2005, 08:44 PM
Wait, did I say mushroom without saying Badger?
It's a snaaaaake!

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55+Apr 26 2005, 10:25 PM-->QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Apr 26 2005, 10:25 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Apr 26 2005, 06:56 PM
^^^ Seriously, it is CARB approval that is holding it's release.
How do you know? [/b]
Because that is what TRD has told its resellers.

See.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
the s/c went in for CARB review about 6 weeks ago, according to my sources. now, i dont know how long the process takes (lance?), but if its like every other special interest board in CA, you can expect delays to continue through the summer.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
There's no fixed schedule. It often takes a very long time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.