Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to figure out if i should get (clearly obvisously as the topic stated) coil overs or the TRD springs. i live in Virginia and we tend to get snow. in some cases...like every other year, ALOT. i wanted to know, of u guys that have the TRD springs about how low they have you sitting off the ground cuz i need clearance in case we get a cot dang blizzard. however if i got coil overs i THOUGHT they would void the whole warantee business. and how do the TRD's feel?

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
You are new so you might not realize that this site has been around for a good while now meaning alot of questions have already been discussed quite thoroughly. Please do a search before posting a new topic next time and you can also just browse through the Suspension and Brakes section. Speaking of that section, you should have also posted this question there if it had needed to be posted at all. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang, my bad. i'll get right on that.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by AcrimoniousBear@Nov 4 2005, 10:49 AM
dang, my bad. i'll get right on that.
Thanks.

·
Registered
590 Posts
moved.

also i have the TRD springs and have had them for some time. a little stiffer but to be expected. the car is about 1.25" lower than stock. Search around, you will find the answers that you seek.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well let me first off state I have read nobody's reply, but here is how I feel. I just got the TRS Lowering Springs, and I live in Columbus, OH... We get snow too, not a ton, but sometimes we get quite a bit... Anyways, the lowering springs lower the car about 1 inch... When u look at the car is doesnt look all the much lower so I dont think the inch is going to make a big deal. I think more than anything u should be worried about the tires... The Bridgestone Potenzas that I have on mine (Stock) are really expensive tires, and Scion didnt put junk, but they have crappy reviews in the snow department... Anyways, I would go with the TRD Lowering Springs... You keep your warranty too which is a huge plus (although its Toyota reliability so how many are going to have to use it?). I just got the TRD Lowering Springs, TRD Sway Bar, Hotchkis Strut bar (the scion accessory part is made by hotchkis), and some neons, but the handling is 10 times better, and it handled sweet to begin with. Go with the TRD, and I think you will be fine... I dont know yet since we have yet to get any snow, but depending on when your planning on actually purchasing these, if we get snow first I will update ya... Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey i appreciate that imput Jicky. i will go with the TRD springs then. i would love for u to keep me posted on how everything goes in the snow cuz i was going to get those 1.0 Series 18 inch graphite Enkei's put on since they look slick with the flint mica. but i thought they would do even WORSE in the snow and ice. i was under the impression that those potenzas were seriously "all season" and would actually do better for me in winter. an inch is good enuf. and again sorry everybody for the repost. i shoulda known better buuuuuut i guess the excitement of being able to officially join the club, tC in possession, got to me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.