Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just got a CSM tC and its my first manual car.. was kinda worried today when i was driving and noticed the clutch vibrated a bit while shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd... it doesnt vibrate terribly, but i dont remember it vibrating at all before. is it normal to feel the clutch vibrate a little, even when the shift is overall smooth without the car shaking?

also, when do you usually shift to second? i shift at around 3000k because it gets pretty loud if i wait longer. every time though i wanna take it further because at 3000k my car is still only going 16 mph haha.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the car!

Its best to ask your question in the appropriate forum. Chances are you'll get your question answered faster.

Unfortunately, I don't have an explanation for you. I can say that I've ever experienced what you're talking about regarding the clutch, but everyone's sensitivity is different.

Finally, I think I usually shift between 3 and 4K, though I never look at the numbers. I shift by sound/feel.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No vibration in my clutch. I shift at different rpm depending on what I'm trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i feel it sometimes i think it may be the clutch wearing down?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input.. hmm just came back from another joy ride and i guess it isnt really a vibration, but its definately there. its more like a firm tingling like i can feel the spinning of clutch or synchros or whatever is down there.. it lasts for a second and then i think its stops from spinning so fast and its gone. im thinking it shud be normal, its just i never noticed it before. and for some reason i dont feel it going from 3rd to 4th and to 5th which is wierd. anybody know what im talking about?

·
Registered
339 Posts
its fine, dont get to worried about it just work on shifting smooth

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's just the clutch telling you to shift already...it's usually called the friction point..when you feel it vibrating that means put a lil more gas on it...but hey i am no expert that's what people tell me...so yea hope this might help.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh no its not when i release the clutch, i know what that feels like. its only when i press the clutch. its like there is a lot of spinning even though my foot is off gas completely

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
There is a lot of spinning. It's supposed to do that.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I experience this too sometimes, I thought it was weird but I just let it go and stopped thinkin about it, I think it is spinning, no idea tho, i Just got mine a month ago so it cant really be the clutch wearing down unless we are terrible drivers and killed the clutch within a couple months span.. hmm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.