Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gots a Question, I think i'm having a noticeible clutch slip problem, dosent happen alot but it dose happen... Lets say i'm doing 45mph in 4th Gear, i get infront of a car doing like 35mph lets say, i goto down shift into 3rd, to pass him, put in the clutch, foot off the gas, into 3rd, back on gas, it feels like i'm stepping on a wet sponge, no real pick just like the clutch is trying to grab, but if I let my foot off the gas completely and then put it back on my pickup comesback, and i'm not stepping on a wet sponge anymore... i'm trying to figure out if this is a clutch problem or not, i've always had a manual trans car so i know how there supose to act, both V8 and V6, and no matter how i drove downshift hit the gas powers right there....just really puzzled...

Oh yeah and if i'm at a stop and i shift from neutral to 1st, i cant feel the car jerk like the clutch is still engauged.. also this car had 61 test drive miles on it when i got it, maybe that has something to do with it... one more thing, 1-2 and 2-3 shift grinds when the trans is cold, i'm bringing it down to the dealer ASAP to get it check, sucks if the trans is bad

Rob....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Originally posted by fiream@Oct 20 2005, 03:00 PM
one more thing, 1-2 and 2-3 shift grinds when the trans is cold, i'm bringing it down to the dealer ASAP to get it check, sucks if the trans is bad

Rob....
Please Read: http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6795

I suffer from the same fate. My dealer supposivly ordered the new transmission (you think they're going to try and fix it, lol). Still don't have a new one. sigh.

Gl getting it fixed.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I read your post about a week ago.. sucks dont under stand it, my car is built 05/05, so i have the sloppy shifter, hatch rattle going on...lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.