Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if a clutch pedal extension is worthwhile/possible for the tC? I'm short and don't like sitting close to the wheel, but want to work the clutch just right for shifting. I had never heard of extensions until recently. I checked with Ken at Sparks and he doesn't have a source. thanks

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Ductape and a piece of wood

Sorry, I'm always trying to find a DIY solution.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe what I reallly need is a leg extension - lol. (The women in my family have always dreamed of being "tall & willowy" )

·
Registered
742 Posts
You can install a clutch stop.

It is used by racers to limit how far the clutch pedal can go down, once past the disengagement point the extra travel is just that, extra travel. You do not have to push it beyond disengagement to shift properly but most of us mash it to the floor anyway. A clutch stop allows for far faster shifting;)

But, what about the clutch switch that has to be depressed to start the car? That can be adjusted to compensate.

I imagine if your clutch was setup with a proper stop you would find you push it far enough already, so pedal extension needed. It can be a block of wood, metal, whatever. I will build one for my tC since I have short legs and do not like to sit to close either.

Rick

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I saw people wear them back then, but at 6' 2" I didn't really think I needed them. They sure are ankle breakers though.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i know where you could look. dont guarantee they will have it, but if anyone would know, i would think these guys would. they have installed several adaptive hand control systems and the like for my clients who cannot use their legs. if someone makes it, they would know where and how and all that.

deluxe mobility

right down the street from my house, actually, here in sacramento.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.