Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my budy and I are driving through Folsom last night and at a stop light this chick in a integra pulls up and strats lookin over with that racing look. So the light turns green and for all of first gear I thought she had decided not to race cuss I was flying ahead then by second she starts to pull on me but that's my fault for not power shifting. By third she's a car lengh ahead. Then I finally power shift from third to fourth and now Im pulling ahead hard. By the time I hit 80 im two car lenghs ahead. It felt like a loss but my friend kept insuring me that I won. The best part was when I was pulling ahead in fourth she fliped us off.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Why am I always sad when I hear words like "power shifting", "double clutching", or even "racing look"? Maybe it's just me, though...

P.S. Worn clutch is not covered by any warranty - it's wear and tear, like brake pads. And since on a tC you have to pretty much drop the entire transmission to get to the stupid clutch - it's going to be a pretty high labor bill.

·
Registered
658 Posts
When I had my tC ( i dont have it any more i'll explain later) the dealer said the wear and tier is covered by the platinium warranty i don't think he would have lied to me or maybe he did.

Ohh btw i got into an accident 7 days after i got my tC. My Ink tC is now total and i'm waiting on a silver streak mica by the end of this week. I'll post some pics of the totaled car sometimes later. I feel bad about the car an i feel bad about me actualy that was my first accident ever and that was some scary #### after i got hit twise in a matter of seconds. I don't have fault in the accident except 5% for being there. :<. Car damage: frame damage, hood, pumper, door, broken fuel line. Damage on me: well i'll just say i stayed in the hospital for a couple days. :<<<<<

HOW IT HAPPENED
I was going on my way to school after a big snow storm in chicago, but the streets were clean and salty in the morning so there was just the regular traffic. I'm driving in the left lane out of 3 lanes and the right one merges into the middle in about 200 ft. I'm driving about 30 mph on speed limit 35. I;m passing a slowly driving semi-truck( middle lane) and I'm just a bit infront of him where the the right lane merges into the middle and all the sudden i see white car against me the next thing i know is i'm trying to go around the car but i get hit right in the front right side where my wheel is, then my car gets moved off of the road and the next thing i saw that i was driving against the traffic and thats where i get hit by a mini-van driving about 40 mph on the same side where i got hit the first time almost a head on collision. Then i don't have any memoreis except where was taken into the near by hospital.
The white car was driving in the right lane and it was trying to pass the semi-truck that was next to me but the driver (she) saw that she couldnt so she just ran over some snow and span out that's where she hits my car.
The first hit wasn't that bad but that where my wheel gets broken and i don't have any power streeing or brakes so i just watched how i'm getting hit by mini-van against the traffic.

The good thing I'm okay everything is okay. The most iportant thing is that I'm gettin my tC back but jsut a different color and I wish this doesnt happene to anybody out there.

Later i'll even post some images of the police report.
Ohh Yeah speaking of police, the police officer who did the report came later that day into the hospital and gave me a ticket for driving 30 mph over the speed limit (that makes me driving 65 mph in a havy traffic as it says in the ticket) and took my licenece way So now after all this i have to deal with ticket now. BTW I have perfect driving record No tickets speeding or parking. I havent even been pulled over my live.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
ScionGTR: Sorry to hear that, good to know you are alright. I almost got in a wreck myself a few days ago. I'd definately fight that ticket man.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Feb 1 2005, 10:31 PM
So powershifting is really bad for the clutch or just bad?
Bad for the clutch, worse for the synchros.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Feb 8 2005, 04:39 AM
I was going on my way to school after a big snow storm in chicago
sure glad it almost never snows here. At least they have the equipment to take care of the roads where you're at. Glad to hear that you weren't injured badly. I've heard of a lot of accidents when people try to pass carelessly like the person who caused your accident.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, you wouldnt "double clutch" in a racing environment. I think that it has something to do with older semi trucks, where you had to clutch once to let it out of gear, get the RPMs to drop, and then clutch back into the next gear at a specific RPM. Am I wrong? - or did I just get info mixed up?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by mikeyb3d@Oct 19 2005, 02:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken, you wouldnt "double clutch" in a racing environment. I think that it has something to do with older semi trucks, where you had to clutch once to let it out of gear, get the RPMs to drop, and then clutch back into the next gear at a specific RPM. Am I wrong? - or did I just get info mixed up?
its just a method of rev matching at shift points. do just as well with heel-toe shifting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.