Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a clicking sound coming out of their tc? It comes when i go out for a drive and come back. when i park, there is a clicking sound (click-click-click-click) i dont think its normal. it seems to be coming from the left front wheel area, but im not sure, its just in that general zone. anyone got any tips? thx.

Btw: i havn't talked to the dealer about it yet.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
that is metal contracting as your car cools down... its normal

·
Registered
40 Posts
is it consistent with your speed? my tc does the same thing, i noticed it cuz i did not have a radio for the first three days and when i sped up and slowed down i could here the clicking increase or decrease in relation with my speed, i know the clicking that the other people are talking about, i here it when i park my car, the metal will make noises, but they are very random, but if you have the clicking that i have, then i don't have any advice, i took mine in and they said they could not here it, but i here it, and it seems to come out of the front left as well, try driving without your radio on and stick your head out the window slightly and listen as you accelarate and decelarate.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Honestly if it is coming out of the wheel there are only a few things that could be to blame. 1, look at the brakes to make sure nothing is rubbing against the wheel. 2, jack the wheel up and spin it, see if you hear the noise. 3, see if the hub feels loose, it could be something like a bearing, or often clicking is related to CV shafts, either way you shouldn't have it on a new car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
its just the engine cooling down all cars do that

·
Registered
127 Posts
i was pretty supprised when i heard the clicking the first time too on my very first car. but it's no biggie
no need to sweat it. ... unless it's what garrett420 is saying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.