• Not me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've successfully produced true clear corner reflectors to replace the OEM amber reflectors in the tC headlight assembly. One would have to bake their headlights (easily done) to install the reflector pieces. These are completely accurate, functional pieces identical to the OEM reflectors.

Pics will be posted soon, however I would like to guage the interest of this new product so I'm asking you, the tC community, who wants clear corners?! Based on the response and number of responses I would be able to determine the feasibility of producing and selling sets of these.

Thanks all,

Jason H.

[EDIT]
Different color options would be available. The "smoked" look (vs. vinyl overlays) could be a possibility. Keep in mind, to be DOT/"street-legal" you must have amber light emitting/transmitting through your sidemarkers. Therefore colors like red and blue would be for off-road use only (disclaimer to cover my end). Amber multi-directional LED bulbs could be used to appear clear and colorless behind the reflector until the lights are turned on.

Pricing at this point looks to be around $60/pair (subject to change) and simple instructions will be included. Stay tuned for more info on avaliability.

PS- Pic will be up very soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
a lot of people might say it's lame to have clear corners, but i think it looks slick. my IIP would look so much better if it weren't for those two damn pieces of yellow. i already got rid of the amber bulbs in the front blinkers and replaced them with clear/white. those corners are the only thing i need to change to eliminate amber from the exterior. count me in!

p.s. price tag's kinda high

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm considering lowering the price to ~$50 and adding a choice of super white or amber wide-angle led bulbs with the reflectors. How's that sound? Sorry no pic yet... it's on the digital camera at another location. Will try to post tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.