Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the clear 3m protective film that you can put on your car that lasts up to five years? I drive a lot of highway miles and on my other cars I have seen a lot of road chips on my hood. Seems like a good product for the bumpers, but I don't really know if I would trust putting it over my painted hood. Should I go with something like this or a regular car bra? What do you think?

· Registered
5,506 Posts
I've got the regular bra that I use on long trips only, and its worked great. I normally only drive about 20 miles a day total.

I know that Alpman drives his car quite a bit and has a clear bra installed. If he doesn't drop some knowledge in here, you might want to PM him.

Good luck.

· Registered
1,412 Posts
i like the clear bra better IMHO. wait were we talking bout cars here?

· Registered
102 Posts
I think it's gonna be cheaper than that,
damn man, 4 bills = alotz
I'll ask around, cuz I wanna do it too. Will let ya know

BTW, clear 3m protective film for my headlights = $25, not bad huh ?

· Registered
10 Posts
I've been kinda thinking about the clear bras, too, so I've been looking around.

Rockblocker (of rockblocker.net) sells a kit for the tC, and they have a *great* sale going on via scionlife.com (normally $336, for $190), through the end of july: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic....fd70a74d63e38e4

Depending on where you live, though, you might have to find your own installer. And of course, installation is extra.

There's also Xpel (http://www.xpel.com/), which has a more extensive bra set (and their bumper set also provides more coverage), but their sets are a fair bit more expensive than rockblocker's normal prices. I found some local installers, and the best installed prices are right around $800.

I think I'd prefer the x-pel sets...but $800 is bit much in the face of having *just* bought my car... though, of course, what better time to do it if you're going to do it?

Plus, I've heard from my bro, who has a friend that has one of these sorts of things installed, and he *hates* it, and that he wouldn't do it again. The reason he hates it is that when he waxes the car, the wax gets caught on the edge... But then I'm thinking... how often do I wax my car? er... then I remember that, though this probably isn't typical of myself, I do notice that I picked her up on Saturday, and, today, Wednesday, after about 400 miles (with bug splats), I had her washed/waxed, etc. at a touchless carwash place...

...so...I haven't decided what to do, yet.

· Registered
98 Posts
I just got one installed, ventureguard or some brand, it was 520 total for the bumper, fenders, hood, lights and side mirrors.

I already had a few rock chips that were very noticeable, so hopefully it will be worth it.

· Registered
188 Posts
Can you wash and wax with these type of things on? I know some plastics fog up when certain kind of wax gets on them, happened with the bumper on my old car. Any of you that have had something like this done know?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.