Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set the appointment for Monday the 19th. Has anyone else done a clear bra on the tC? How much is the going rate? They quoted me two prices for the clear bra. $495 for hood, fenders, mirrors and lights. $695 for all of the above plus bumper, door edge, door sill and trunk landing. They aslo were going to throw in the front sunroof glass flap as well. Seems like the extra $200 is a pretty good deal. They just got the pattern for the tC today and I went in to check out the Black Cherry tC they were doing. It wasn't finished, but it looked pretty good to me. I'll be tinting the rear glass 20%, rear sides 35%, front sides 60% (I live in Cali and don't want any more fix-it tickets), both sunroofs 35% and windshield strip 20%. Give me some feedback.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I can't give feedback on the tinting OR the bra...don't know much about either. Just wanted to request pics (of the bra, in partcular) once you've had the work done.

I've never seen one (at least, not that I know of) and I'm curious to see how it looks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
you won't be able to see it. it's perfectly clear... and DAMN that ' a Nice price, i can only hope to find a price like that here on the east coast. been talking to peep's who got it done, and they've almost all payed bout $1500 for the second quoted package of yours. definatly get it done it's well worthe the cost.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Its interesting you mention that. The friend of mine that did my tint knows a 3m rep and is going to look into getting the kit for me. I cant say that i think thats a good price consideing what i have been told. Its great having hook ups.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Eric@Jul 14 2004, 10:17 AM
Alpman,
Where are you gettin' that done?
It's called Tintpros of Roseville. They're at 128 Riverside Ave Roseville, Ca 95678. Ph# 916-257-6813 Ask for Danny.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman+Jul 14 2004, 06:34 PM-->QUOTE (Alpman @ Jul 14 2004, 06:34 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Eric
@Jul 14 2004, 10:17 AM
Alpman,
Where are you gettin' that done?
It's called Tintpros of Roseville. They're at 128 Riverside Ave Roseville, Ca 95678. Ph# 916-257-6813 Ask for Danny. [/b]
Roseville...that's like 20min from me.

You said you're getting the sunroof(s) tinted...aren't they already tinted?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by arvsciontc@Jul 17 2004, 09:32 AM
tinting your tC? what's next chrome 20's?
Not a fan of window tint i take it. I am not sure what you are insinuating with that comment but not only does it look awesome it helps cut down the sun light coming into the car. AC cools off the car better and it helps preventing you going blind in the morning when the suns coming in the side windows and the visor isn’t quite blocking it out.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Tinting definitely has a purpose, both cosmetic and functional.

....I'm just assuming arvsciontc is thinking about "extreme" tinting....you know, so that the whole car looks black and you can't see a thing.

With everything, there's a line you can cross to make it less than appealing. I love your tC's look, though C!ph3r, so don't worry. It's dead sexy.

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by Eric@Jul 17 2004, 08:10 AM
Plus you won't be blinded by peoples' headlights behind you at night
yeah, but backing out of a parking spot at night is a bitch. i am becoming the king of side view mirrors again.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ugh, I hate side view mirrors....I use them some, but mainly turn my head (even when changing lanes, I always turn to dbl. check that I'm clear).

I heard the tC has some heavy blindspots though, so I guess I'll have to start using my side view mirrors again, too!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Jul 17 2004, 03:58 PM
I heard the tC has some heavy blindspots though, so I guess I'll have to start using my side view mirrors again, too! 
When I test drove a tC, I found that there weren't as many blind spots as in a Tiburon or a Celica which was really nice. I hated my BF's (best friend) Tiburon because I felt like I was in a submarine and couldn't tell who was around me or where I was going. The tC was great for visibility.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I got the clear bra done yesterday, along with the window tint and the TRD exhaust I just installed this morning. Now I have to change my sig. The clear bra turned out great!! They covered about 1/3 of the hood, the fender corners, the fron bumper, headlights, door sills, rear bumper protector, lower rear fenders and even the sunroof deflector. They did an awesome job. Can hardly tell it's even there.

The window tint is 20% on the rear, 35% on the rear sides, 60% on the front, 35% on both sunroofs and a 35% windshield strip. Top-notch install. No bubbles or specks. And the top section of the rear window they used black vynil so you won't see the lines from the factory gradient. Also, these guys pulled the window rubber back up for me so I won't have the problem with them popping out the first time I roll them back up.

If your in the Sacramento area, this is THE place to go. Call Danny to set up your appointment today!! I'll get pics up this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Hey alpman, I think I'm going to head out to roseville when I get my tC and have them do the same to my car. That looks awesome. How much did the tinting cost?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rear 3 $150
Fronts $80
Visor $35
Sunroofs $35 ea
Total $335

Pick and chose what you want to tint from these prices.

Prices may seem a little steep but they did an awesome job and that is worth the money. I've had other "cheap" tint jobs that turned out like chit and they wouldn't stand behind their work. Lifetime warranty too (no warranty on front windows because of legal reasons). They use SunTek films.

Talk to Danny and tell him Greg w/ the silver tC sent you.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I expected $300 - $350, so those prices don't seem high at all. It's over $200 for a regular car that doesn't have the all-glass top.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts