Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm delivering last night in my beat up ol' 92 accord. Great car as far as reliability goes, but not so fast. Especially since it's an automatic. When this thing was new, it had 125 hp. Surely it's not that efficient now.

So I've got my friend in my car, its midnight on an empty road, and this nasty civic hatch pulls up to the light. I'm like, "Hey Drew...that civic hatch wants to go." He says, "How do you know?" I say, "watch and learn."

Sure enough a few seconds before green, he starts revvin' for a launch. So i'm like "See?", I mash the brake and rev to about 3k (brake launching kinda works), and light goes green. We take off and my accord actually BEATS HIM off the line. I'm starting to get a lil confident, when I hear a rather crappy shift, and then "ppttSHHHHHHH." I'm racing a turbo hatchback! haha! He starts catching up to me, but then my car hits 3rd, which pulls rather well on my car. We are neck and neck before I hit my incredible tall 4th gear, and I was done. He took off after that.

I pulled up to him later down the road and we rolled down the window and laughed at him hysterically. A turbo civic hatchback almost gettin creamed by a stock 92 accord. We kinda threw him for a loop, cause he won, and we were laughing at him. He just didn't get it.

The moral of the story? Civic hatches ALWAYS wanna go.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You bet your sweet round arse they do...

Just tonight as I was driving in a construction zone..this civic hatch bouncing up and down over the smallest of bumps wanted to race me. I was just driving around 30mph and he kept speeding up and slowing down reving his engine at me but I played dumb for a little while.

After about the tenth time realizing that this guy was not going to leave me alone til I WHOOPED IS ASCOT..I put my sweet baby into 1st Gear (Automatic Style) and took off and he tried to play catch up for the next mile while I was getting close to hitting that 100mph mark...all I can say is RETARD! HA

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had this other hatch though about 6 months ago, both he and i were at a red light and had a merge lane up ahead, he tore me a new one!

His junk was SWEEEEEEET as all get out though. He musta dropped at least 25-30k on that lil hatch, it was huk'd up.

Not the guy in my first post though, white paint with a green urethane unpainted kit on it. *shivers*

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Spelling? Why no! Your posts are a target-rich environment for a grammarian, that's all.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's a turbo at full boost. They glow orange-red when they are working hard.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Here's another one, even better, but doesn't shrink well. Nothing beats the visual of a turbo at full load.

Porsche Indycar engine anyone?

Last but not least, turbos running in series. How about 51 psi of boost? Sounds interesting, no doubt. Oh, you can do that with Diesels and still run on "pump" Diesel fuel.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I dunno. I haven't seen an insult yet, I'm just hard-headed and I have a real thick skin...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.