Scion tC Forums banner

Circle in Bumper?

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  moogoo 
#1 ·
what is that circle some tC's have in their front bumper and what is it for? why do some not have it?

#2 ·
read the OWNER'S MANUAL.. all tCs have it and if they don't have it, it means they bumper was probably replaced somehow. the circle is where the towing thingermajigger goes. When u need to be towed by one of those crane type towtrucks, you need to remove the circle and screw in the towing harness for the tow truck to hook onto. If u dont know this with a crane type towtruck, he'll just rip off your bumper or something worse. again... try reading your owners manual!

#3 ·
ooo someones in for a lecture.

#6 ·
haha.. that's what its called

#8 ·
CLEARLY it is NOT clear.. since u failed to mention that point.

#10 ·
do you see that many tCs on the road? i for one have only seen about 2 since they've come out. anyways... it comes with every tC and why u didn't see it on one is something u can ask the owner if u can wave them down

#15 ·
Maybe scion will come out with a clear led circle accessory...

late

#18 ·
eh? did i jus get complimented? if so
.. if not

#20 ·
read the OWNER'S MANUAL..[/b]
again... try reading your owners manual![/b]

Damn, someone ate their bitchy-O's this morning, It was a valid question, I was actualy wondering the same thing. As obcessesd as I am I haven't read the owners manual cover to cover yet, and prefer finding my information on the internet as I have a ton of downtime at work.

#21 ·
The day that I went to go pick up my car I noticed it too when I was making sure they didn't drill holes for the front license plate. So I asked the guy what that was. He replied the cars are shipped from overseas on a boat and that is where they secure it to make sure it doesn't move. I don't know if that is true or not but at that point I didn’t care. It doesn’t look bad and you can't hardly even notice it on the flint mica color!!

#22 ·
Originally posted by eve415TC@Oct 13 2004, 11:16 AM
I asked the guy what that was. He replied the cars are shipped from overseas on a boat and that is where they secure it to make sure it doesn't move.
what a bunch of crap!! haha.

it's unbelieveable what some dealers will tell the customers. if you don't know the answer, just admit it. no one will think you are stupid. if you go and make up crap, then people will think you are stupid.

#23 ·
^^ what he said HAHA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.