Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get my car something for X-mas. Well other people are going to get something for my car. I'm thinking intake, headers, fog light kit, maybe carbon fiber engine cover. What would be a good gift to ask for?

·
Registered
128 Posts
depends on your $$ range. I've asked my parents for smaller items: OBX pedals, wheel locks, door sills.

I asked my girlfriend for larger items: seat covers, auto-dim mirror.

And I'm hoping for cash to pay for the installation of the TRD springs I just bought.

Good items for gifts are stuff you can install yourself: rear sway bar, shift knobs, fog lights, and anything mentioned above, really.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think everyone should buy a "toy for tots" first... THEN lowering springs!

·
Registered
427 Posts
On Saturday, I'm tinting the windows 35% sides and 20% rear. Monday I take the car in to have a viper 2-way remote start alarm installed. The car is getting nothing else for Christmas. Period. I don't want to spoil it.

...already did the springs, and I agree. They should be first.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, so if I wanted to bring my car down, do I just by the springs or do I need to get the struts too?? I would love to lower the car down. Ok so I get the springs how much will that lower the stance and then how much for dealer install????

worst case scenario
I have to buy struts, springs and charge for install....
how much??

Maybe I can have all my people get together for a combined gift!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
for just the springs, my dealer wanted to charge me $275 for installation (if I provide the springs). I found another place that will do it for $200. Most people say it should take 2.5 hours for a shop to install. Don't pay more than $100/hr and you should play closer to $70-80/hr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.