Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i'm a scion driver in sacramento, CA. i became a member to this site to warn every one in california and especialy scion drivers in sacramento. the fear program is for real and is starting tonight in sacramento. I work for a local tv station, and was pulled of today. the cop that pulled me over is the main CHP officer incharge of the fear program in sacramento. So i asked some questions,
1. it starts tonight around arden and howe in sacramento.
2. they will pull over any car with a loud muffler.
3. no warning at all, you will get a ticket.
4. body kits, and anything CA legal if ok two.

i just thought i would warn you all.

to read more about this on this site go to engine modification, warning CA residents

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Why did they pull you over? Were you doing something illegal, or did they pull you over because of an obvious equipment violation like a loud muffler?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
OK. That's reasonable. I'm just concerned I'll be driving down the road with some CHP shadowing me waiting to pounce on me because I have aftermarket wheels and suspension. If I'm doing something wrong, then it's cool. If I'm not, and I'm getting pulled over, I'm going to be pissed off in the worst way.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok my cousin in the supraforums told me that the chp had 3 of those programs just this summer alone. he told me that there was no seriousness in these programs. they are nothing to be terribly worried about but its still a good idea to watch out. he could be wrong so dont take my word for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok update, i was driving throw the arden and howe area last after work because i live in that area. i saw 5 reagular CHP officers, 2 motorcyle cops, and two helicopters. in a four block area. i was followed by a motorclye cop for 7 blocks last night and my scion is bone stock.

have fun with the new FEAR program

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Interesting side note here: if you Google CHP and FEAR, you find Foreign Export and Recovery program. Been in existence since '95. I don't know if they are recycling the names of their programs, but FEAR is all about recovering cars stolen in California and shipped overseas. It's a popular sport, especially for Jeep Cherokees (God only knows why).

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i havent heard anything about it. nothing from the boys and girls up in the roseville /CH area either, and that is the NVS stomping ground. i wonder if its all hype... ?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I smell a rat. What you want to bet scionboy84 isn't 100% on the up and up?

Let's see, if I wanted to put a scare in the import community, and I know they use Internet bulletin boards, what MIGHT I do to put a chill down their spines?

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Sep 28 2005, 10:17 PM
what MIGHT I do to put a chill down their spines?
Ice cubes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.