Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about chippin my TC and i wasnt sure what was the best chip or if it messes anything up in the long run and if any knows where i can get it please let me know thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds like u should probably do a little more research and find out exactly what you want this "chip" to do for ya, then maybe find an alternative that does exist which will do what u want this "chip" to do. Like, before u ask where to get one, find out if there are any "chips" for the tc and what exactly they will do. Its not quite like Gran Turismo where theres just some magic chip out there that will boost your power or something.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The ECM uses flash. There are no chips to change. You have to reflash.

·
Registered
339 Posts
whats all that bull on ebay ( i know its ebay and its there for a reason but i just bought an intake for 200 bucks k&n and its sweet) i see these dumb ass chips i would never buy them they are like 20 bucks haha

do chips even do all that much on our n/a engines?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
There is NO chip to change in the ECM. Period. It uses flash memory, and if you do anything, you have to reflash, not chip.

The BS on eBay has nothing to do with chips, they just call it that because they are trying to sell to idiots.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
right. i get guys in here all day long that ask me if i chipped my tC, tell me that they are going to, its a cheap 20 hp, blah blah... sometimes i cant even bring myself to tell them the truth about it. i mean, if only hp was available for a dollar per. that would be a wonderful world.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It's not a chip. It's a piggyback. You have to cut your wiring harness to install it, or have a custom wiring harness extension made and splice it into that.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Oh...my...god. What the...

[Brain failure. Begin reboot. Memory Check. Memory OK. Reboot complete.]

As I was saying, HP-GAIN "CHIPS" R SUPR GAYYYYYYYYAYAYY!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well im new to cars and my red tc is my first car and i would like some other boost than just exhaust intake and headers and also avoiding turbo or supercharging..... what else????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well im new to cars and my red tc is my first car and i would like some other boost than just exhaust intake and headers and also avoiding turbo or supercharging..... what else????

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You've pretty much eliminated all the options with your exception list.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
try adding a fidanza lightened flywheel. it wont add hp, but it will make your car quicker.

·
Registered
272 Posts
lightweight flywheel... if u really want to (it'll be downtime and $$$) have your head port and polished. unfortuanetely there are no cams out at this time (dont hold ur breath either) so it will be minimal gain. you may see some significant improvement but only like 10hp or so.

i would suggest against the vvti controller, ive explained how i dont think it will help in other posts (search for them if you want, im not in the best of moods and dont feel like typing it out or searching for u
)

you didnt mention no n20

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by ZEROmotorsports@Jul 31 2005, 02:11 AM
unfortuanetely there are no cams out at this time (dont hold ur breath either)
Check this topic from ScionLife for some info on possible cams.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.