Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ebay listing selling a chip that gives 20hp to scion Tc, i've seen them for every car always thought they either screwed up the car or didnt work. Anyone know anything about them?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
if it didnt come from us, i wouldnt recommend it. it may interfere with air/fuel mixtures, or bypass the rev limiter, depending on what it is designed to alter in the car's computer. either of those things could end up doing more damage than good.
did it list the manufacturer of the chip? and can you send me the link to the item on ebay so i can take a look?
thanks.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
nevermind, i found it. alters air/fuel mixture. i wouldnt buy a knock off product from a mystery manufacturer that changes my car's tuning, personally. besides, from the people i know who have run chips, the difference isnt really right there. remember it says up to 20 HP. my vote? wait for the charger.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
thanks. i just like talking about cars, mostly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that 20hp gain is just a resistor.......all it does is trick your engine into believing that the air outside is cold, making your engine run faster......IMO, i think its bad for the car

·
Registered
999 Posts
I wouldn't trust any aftermarket products, that are from an unknown brand, this early. It's too quick I think. Wait for properly modified ECU's and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
funny, i was just looking at one of these at ebaymorors, and part of me said wow! 20hp for $12! Then i regained my senses and remembered that most things that look too good to be true, usually are. I wouldn't trust some cheeseball selling unkown chips that could ultimately ruin my brand new car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Def. Scam... i am amazed that people will buy that crap

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
um, why on earth did you revive a thread that was 2.5 years dead?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well, without defending him, striptyler's title (at the time of this post) does say "Oddly Outdated".

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went digging in the graves, and you know what i found?

People are still repeating the very first posts. I god noticed... so why can't others search, rather than make new threads about stuff thats been dead for 2.5 years?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
people wll always be reposting, there is nothing that can be done.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by iGod@Jan 30 2007, 11:08 AM
people wll always be reposting, there is nothing that can be done.
I am become search nazi, the destroyer of dupe topics.

·
Registered
290 Posts
There should be a mandated "Search" class which is required to be completed before posting privlidges are awarded.

With a test at the end... where you must prove your search abilities.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts