Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My normal ride is a 5-spd tC, which now has 12K miles on it. Well, when I travel, I have to take what rental I get. I am now riding a Chevy Classic. The MSRP is about 2K over that of my tC. Well, all I can say is that it is a pure POS.

At less than 10K miles, the carpet is coming up around the doors. The AM radio refuses to find ANY station, while the FM is very lame. The pick-up is also lame with the 2.2L. The worse I can say about my tC is that sometimes, the roof pops.

Is it any wonder that Toyo and other eastern car makers are beating the pants of US mfg'ers??

The classic really, really suckes!

· Registered
4,234 Posts
I'll confess-- I had to Google "Chevy Classic", because I had no idea what it was.
Typical Lumina/Malibu midsize blandsedan. I can see why you don't like it.

Hey, it could be worse-- a guy I did online racing with drove a Scoobied-out WRX over in Britain, and it got fairly well muffed up in an accident... so he spent almost 3 months driving the insurance-supplied Ford Ka... that's a cruel punishment indeed.

· Registered
126 Posts
gm decided to keep the old malibu on staff mainly for fleet sales(i.e., rentals) and decided to call it the classic mainly because the new malibu(which already sucks) is the mainstay of the linup as a new car sales leader.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.