Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolled sideways 3 times, end to end once.
No airbag deployment???
No seatbelt either

I don't know how I managed not to fly out of the huuuuuge moonroof opening...

Don't know if I'll get another tC.... thinkin maybe a WRX....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wow...you're lucky to be alive. Good to see that you're ok even after not wearing your seatbelt. Hopefully it's a good lesson that you should wear it.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Wow... No offense, but I'm surprised you're still functioning if your airbags didn't deploy and you didn't have a seatbelt on.
Originally posted by FiremanNick@Dec 16 2005, 01:13 PM
Rolled sideways 3 times, end to end once.
How does something like that happen?!?!

Glad to hear you made it out alive. Goes to show that the tC's structure was well built.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Damn, why does it seem that theres a new accident like every week, all of them are roll-overs and the tc is totalled??

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Ouch dude! How did that happen and why no seat belt?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, i want the story on how you managed top flip it end over end. friend of mine pulled that trick in his MR2 spyder, another car i wouldnt have believed would do that if i hadnt seen it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the replys guys....
Details.... well about 75mph (40 posted)... lost it on some snow and ice around a corner, back end came out, but I steered back the other way... too much apparently... straight into a biiig (like 4 foot probably) ditch, but didn't really go in the ditch, just kind of nailed the top of the other side, which was about a foot and a half lower than the road surface, so you can see the angle the car would have been at, which made it quite easy to roll end to end once (you can see the hood where it bent up as the car rolled forward over the edge of the ditch) then I don't think it made it all the way around onto the wheels again in the end to end direction, I think I just kind of turned into side to side rolling....

No serious injuries... I was unconsious for about 45 minutes after the accident, but other than a concussion and some serious sore body action...

Oh and the large white things, those are the pieces of the windshield, if you look in the top left corner, there is a large missing piece, well it just folded over, and is still attached, so it's like double thick in those white spots...

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
*wince* Sorry to hear it man... I think I speak for all of us when I say... God is watching over you, and you are one lucky SOB. Started going to church yet?

Joking aside, you really got lucky in that wreck... good luck with your next purchase and be safe. We don't want anyone in our community to get hurt.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
You shouldnt be alive but for the grace of a power greater than yourself.

Think about that.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.