Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, first off i've installed a CAI (Injen) to my tC. i have it installed for like 3 or 4 mos. now, and yesterday the Check engine light is lit. i just recently got my tC oil changed and there's nothing that i can think off might lit it besides the intake. It makes me think though that if i have the intake for 3 mos. now and had no problems with it, why would it trigger the check engine light to lit?

any suggestions?
-go to the dealer? (makes me wonder if they are going to blame the intake though?)

well, im sort of sure though that its not the intake thats making the problems.

hmm..

ty in advance

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
If it's a actual CEL and not a "Maint Reqd" light, got to Autozone and use their ODBII scanner.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the check engine is lit. but when i try to to restart the engine, the maint' required light blinks for like 5 times and goes off. i went to kragen and the guy told me to close my gas cap properly and restart engine, but the problem didnt resolve.
I was going to buy a QD electronic cleaner to clean the MAF just for troubleshooting. anyways im gonna go ahead and use the ODBII scanner and see whats up. if not im gonna take my injen cai apart, reinstall my stock intake and take it to the dealer.

anymore suggestions?
krzy when you said, reboot the ecu? like taking the off the (-) and (+) of the battery or pressing the reset the button in the compartment?

btw, when i use the ODBII scanner do i have to pay anything? or its just for free?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i went to auto zone and used the scanner.

results po4041 evap(says something regarding purge flow fault)
-gas cap leak or something. says something about emissions aswell
po4055 (vacuum hose) Large leak.

hmm, well its the first that i've used that. and i freakin erased the codes. sobness.

question regarding the vaccum hose.

vacuum hose is the hose going fromt he block to the intake right? its just a small hose right? i bought some electrical cleaner. the QD cleaner for pugs to clean the maf sensor.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Did the CEL come back on after you reset it? Both of those have to do with the, in general, fuel tank/pump. Most likely your gas cap wasn't screwed on completely. In the cause for both of those error codes in the service manual those were both listed. No biggy

·
Registered
225 Posts
i had a similar problem.My check engine turned on i didn't have even 1k miles on it. I was pissed. I called the dealership and they told me to close my gas cap tighter. It took about 2 days after that for the light to turn off.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yeah they pressure test the gas caps or something like that during emissions test. go back and double check your intake install as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.