Scion tC Forums banner

Cheap Floormats

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Fast Eddie 
#1 ·

I thought I could improve on the plain rubber mats for foul weather,
I went to Lowes and picked up two Mohhawk door mats for 6 bucks and some change, cut them to fit in about 10 minutes . They're thin with a rubber back which makes them easy to cut and fit inside the rubber lip.
They actually look pretty good in the car. Since they're door mats, they should hold up pretty well. Whadya think??

See less See more
#3 ·
Cool. Great idea!

#12 ·
Originally posted by Eric@Apr 5 2005, 03:14 PM
How 'bout Interior since the mats go inside the car?

They may not be the greatest, but for six bucks...........better than plain rubber.
These will do until I find a better match.
PS, they were a little on the narrow side, so if you try these take your time to lay them out.

Sorry for the big pics, i tried to resize them but I guess I wasen't holding my mouth right!

#13 ·
I still say they look pretty cool. Nice work!

#15 ·
They look good to me as well. Even if someone does not want them now, the idea may look real good when the Scion mats start to wear a heel hole later on the drivers side. You can then go this route and avoid the outlay of massive amounts of cash for the new Scion mats ...again. I will file this idea away for later use....for sure. Thanks.

#16 ·
My thoughts exactly. How kind of Scion to give us a mat we can customize and refill with anything we like!

#17 ·
i bet they make a modification so that this isn't possible for the '06

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.