Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during my trip in LA, i got my tC tinted.

and last but not least is my doggie

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sweet. I'm saving my cash to do the same. Charcoal titanium, huh? I'm not up on my window tint; Whats the difference between this and the regular ol' tint? Is it a little more reflective than regular or something? Looks like it in the pics.

late

·
Registered
299 Posts
yes what is charcoal titanium tint? the place im gonna go to get my tC tinted uses two brands.. SunTek and this other brand ( i think its german) and as far as i know tints only came in percentages signifying the darkness of the tint. so please explain this charcoal titanium tint.. i am intrigued.. but yes.. it looks great

if u have a % of the tint.. that info would be nice too

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the place i went to in LA had two types. just plain black limo tint and charcoal titianium tint which is sorta of like the mirror tint but with a hint of charcoal making it more dark then the mirror tint. the percentage is i think 15 all around...

·
Registered
614 Posts
i like that. it makes it even harder to see in being that stuff reflects off of it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wolo
what % are you gonna go for?
i'm really curious to see the charcoal tint in just 60% or 70%, if it does make much difference... idea is not to try to get any tickets for tint in ca, but still to improve looks

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
water

I had planned on going 20% on the rear window, 35% on the two small sides, and maybe 60% on the two fronts.

The only one I'm unsure about is the rear though. I want to make sure 20% isn't too dark for night driving.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Swett tint!
I thought tinting the front side windows was illegal, unless you have some sort of note from your eye doctor. Stating the sun's to bright for your eyes, blah, blah, blah.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Depends on the state, but you're right for CA.

60% is pretty minor though. Just got to hope the fuzz doesn't come after me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah it was illegal but shops will do the tint. but you sign a waiver. the tint all around is i think 20% im not certain. i just picked the tint that i liked. hope i dont get any tickets. lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts