Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just came back from Wal-Mart and decided to purchase the Sylvania Silverstar 9005 High beam bulb. I did this because i am planning to change my low beam as well, but i plan on getting xtreme white Piaa bulbs this weekend. I will post a topic about that as well once i take some pictures of it. The right head lamp has the stock bulb and the left head lamp has the silverstar. Costed me about $40 w/tax. I know its kind of expensive, but i think it looks aite and plus i don't have to spend a few bills for the HID. tell me what you think of the silverstar bulb? Thanks

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Well all I know is that if you want more blue in your color then go with the mTec bulbs. as far as I know you can get them off of ebay, but I have found and come to love those kind and get the cosmos blue if you want the blue tint and they have a lifetime warranty to go along with them.

Matt

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I like the look of the silverstars. They're not supposed to be blue, but more white than regular, which look kind of yellow.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Feb 24 2005, 12:49 AM
Well all I know is that if you want more blue in your color then go with the mTec bulbs. as far as I know you can get them off of ebay, but I have found and come to love those kind and get the cosmos blue if you want the blue tint and they have a lifetime warranty to go along with them.

Matt
MTEC is garbage. I used their bulbs in the past, and they burned my wires. Also, I had a pair of MTEC wipers on my last car, and one day while I was driving in the rain and using my wipers, one of the MTEC wipers snapped in half, resulting in scratches to my windshield from the bare metal. So, yea, I would say that MTEC products are crap.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey guys, I just came back from Wal-Mart and decided to purchase the Sylvania Silverstar 9005 High beam bulb. I did this because i am planning to change my low beam as well, but i plan on getting xtreme white Piaa bulbs this weekend. I will post a topic about that as well once i take some pictures of it. The right head lamp has the stock bulb and the left head lamp has the silverstar. Costed me about $40 w/tax. I know its kind of expensive, but i think it looks aite and plus i don't have to spend a few bills for the HID. tell me what you think of the silverstar bulb? Thanks[/b]
So..? How do the PIAA Xtreme White Bulbs look? Post some pix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.