Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys,
forgive me if this has already been posted, but today i read somewhere abt changing the audio settings to Xb or Xc instead of Tc. Boy oh boy, the change in the audio level is amazing. I had to mute the system as it became glass breaking at just 20 level.
If u dont know how to change the setting, here is how...
keep the ssp button pressed. it shows the vehicle setting, set to Tc. use the +/- button to change it to xb or xc.
lemme know if u liked the audio ......
have fun driving ...
Raj

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have changed the seetings but after gettin a sub placed in my car, the tc setting sounds the best to me. Yes, the xb and xa settings are louder, but thats all they are. i dont feel the sound quality is better. i also think the hear setting is better than feel. i just think its too much power to the stock speakers. yes, those settings seem to make the music louder and clearer, but i think they should be compared at the same loudness, like comparing the tc setting at 40 and the xa setting at 35.
i only did a quick comparison so i know there will be debates about this. so if anyone else spends more time figuring out which setting is the best, please let me know.

·
Registered
999 Posts
It's been posted before.

If I remember correctly, this is only for people with the 6CD Changer option.

Wow and within a split second I remember I was wrong, I was referring to the LCD changing colors. Yea, this applies to everyone.. I hope.

·
Registered
290 Posts
YES it applies to everybody!!! This is awesome I just found out about it monday night at my car club meeting. The difference is rediculous. Sounds awesome with the sub now too:) I am guessing that the xB must have 6x9's or some other speaker that is larger than the speakers in the tC or xA sound systems.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The "awesomeness" is subjective. It is definitely louder, and initial EQ settings are different for xA and xB - while tC setting seems more neutral towards the music, letting you play with bass/mid/treble yourself. Mine stays at tC.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm not so sure that they're bad. I like them. I've been using xA for a couple days and I think the bass hits a little tighter, and the highs are clearer with lower mids (how I like it). I'm putting my sub in in a couple week so that might all change...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts