Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://qworkzmc.com/ is looking for a test car for their CF Hoods made for the tC. The hoods are top quality hoods, not to be mistaken for the cheap fiberglass overlay hoods sold by Vis and other companys. They are located in Riverside CA, the phone number is 909-480-5654. I would jump all over this if I was still in Riverside. Discount off the hood availble.

Q Workz Master Creations is also making a CF trunk avalibe in OCT, Body kit, Fenders....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to the guy on AIM while posting this. Why dont you call before making bogus accusations.

p.s.

yes, you are

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by SHAGGY@Aug 12 2004, 11:50 AM
I was talking to the guy on AIM while posting this. Why dont you call before making bogus accusations.

p.s.

yes, you are
its funny how you cry rice on JZA70 because his car will be the test for a widebody kit...............but you post up a link to be the test car for a carbon fiber hood??????? LOL!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by SHAGGY@Aug 12 2004, 12:31 PM
Carbon Fiber hood is function not fashion.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Have you lifted the tC hood? it MIGHT be 15 lbs lol. CF will maybe save you 5 lbs, wow thats obviously worth having the hood not match with the rest of the car..........just kidding.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kidding aside....

IF there really is only a 5 lb difference b/w carbon fiber and the normal hood----well, youd better c/f a lot more to make any difference in "functionality".

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well considering the roof looks black. If you didnt paint the cf hood, it would look like the top of the car flows better. Haha.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm agreeing with JZA70 here...They have an account on cardomain and all they're doing is going through all the scion tc car's and posting "check out our CF hood for the tC" and crap. All they have are photoshop mockups and nothing else...

I don't trust it, for one. Also, the hood is INCREDIBLY light as is... the only way I'd replace the hood is if I got the s/c'er and felt I needed a little more cooling to the engine and someone came out with a nice looking scooped hood.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the thing i always wondered was, what would the tc look with say tint all around and a cf hood and trunk.... woudlnt that look sorta ridiculous due to like the roof and hatch and hood being like a dark color while the rest of the car is not? + a cf hood most of the time never matches anything, ive never really understood cd hoods you might save a couple lbs but like unless you're racing hardcore it wont change a single thing, probably the amp or sub you put in will negate that newayZ, i seriously think unless you shave off a couple 100 lbs theres no reason to have a hood that will fold in a car crash or discolor or chip in the near future... just my .02

lol shaggy you are starting a lot of stuff with ppl today huh =)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Phammerz get your info straight, for one CF is much more duriable than any type of aluminum hood which all light hoods on stock cars are made of. In general as far as rice goes I have seen plenty of cars done up right with CF you just need a sense of style and do not over do it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by AWDTurbo@Aug 12 2004, 03:39 PM
Phammerz get your info straight, for one CF is much more duriable than any type of aluminum hood which all light hoods on stock cars are made of. In general as far as rice goes I have seen plenty of cars done up right with CF you just need a sense of style and do not over do it.
and how will that extra durability help??? in a wreck??? Before you tell someone to get their facts straight, get your's straight to. Phammerz said that theres no reason to get a hood that will fold in a car crash or get chipped and become yellow.......i believe ive seen carbon fiber hoods accomplish all three of those, no?? Phammerz has his facts straight.........you dont.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Chants with everyone else : JERRY, over and over again.
Call 1-800-rice-POLICE!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I agree and disagree. Carbon fiber is a great look, for certain cars. At times it can compliment the car very nicely, and at other times, i doesn't go at all. Carbon fiber, while lighter, and more heat resistant, does also crack, chip, and splinter very easily if not made properly. The quality comes even more into play when temperature changes are a factor. You guys are right, the tC hood is very light stock, so the "functionality" of a CF hood is negligable. However, as I stated before, its looks may be something that some of us like. And guys, come on. Why are we fighting about something so stupid. If you don't like it, then fine, don't buy it, its that simple. No sense in flamming someone becuase they just made a general interest post about something you may not agree with. Remember, no one asked you to be here, and no one demands that you agree with everything, but lets try to keep the bickering to a minimum. This site is a great place to learn about our new cars, and discuss things like CF hoods, body kits, and performance alike. Its human nature to not agree on everything, but lets not get our testosterone in the way of what we're trying to accomplish here.

Rob

1 - 20 of 37 Posts