Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought an 04 Celica GT last weekend, but hadn't heard much about the tC's until I started browsing the internet this week. They look like a significantly better deal, and don't seem to be lacking anything major that the celica has. I have the option to trade my celica back in for a slight loss to get one of these. What's everyone's opinion?

My celica was $22k with all the financing charges, etc... and is completely baseline. It doesn't even have ABS or power package, although that comes with the 7 year platinum warranty. How much of a factor are the extra 500 pounds on the tC? I also read somewhere that the interior of the tC felt really cheap. Any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Registered
793 Posts
Actually, I've read posts about the interior of the tC and heard that the materials seem very top-notch (everyone always points out the REAL aluminum control knob on the center console). However, I haven't actually been in one yet so I can't agree or disagree with that. (I'm sure plenty of people on the forum will share their opinions though.)

Aside from the interior, I'd have to go with the tC (even sight unseen). I was actually about to buy a Celica before I found out about the tC....took the Celica for a test drive and spoke to my bank about financing options. But when I started researching the tC and heard about everything that comes STANDARD on it....and then found out that the STANDARD tC started at $4,000.00 less that the Celica I was looking at, and my insurance would even be cheaper, I was sold!

Obviously I wouldn't rush a decision on trading your Celica back in, but I'd definitely say the tC is worth a look or two.

If you're going for speed, check the Car and Driver review from a few days ago. They have all kinds of data posted on the pickup for the manual, so you should find enough info to give the Celica and the tC a comparison.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The interior of the TC is deffinatly not cheap. The cd player is top notch, the seats are very nice, and the dash is very cool as well, ide take the TC over a celica ANY DAY, but it dosent matter what other people think, as long as your happy!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hey man, if you could actually trade in your celica and save some money that way, you're winning on both ends. You save money, AND you get a car that has all the features you need, from the same car maker. You get much more bang for the buck with the tc as opposed to the celica, or any other car in its class imho.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hmm while at my stay at Newtiburon, I learned that Celica's are ugly (for me), it's very cramped in the rear, and driver side isn't that spacious, boxy rear and GT is about the same power as the tC.

It depends if your willing to lose the money. The moment you buy a car, it's value drops 35%? I forgot what it was. If your tight on cash, keep the Celica, if you got a bit of financial space and want to enjoy a car, get INSIDE a tC. Then if you like it that much more, buy it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts