Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day when i hit 2,000 miles my CEL came on. Anyone else had this happend before? Seems a little fishy to me that right at 2k it would come on.

ps wasnt too sure where to post this at.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Plissken@Apr 30 2005, 02:06 PM
Are you sure it wass your Check engine light or was it the Maint(enance) Req(uired) light?
Positive... has the little engine and then the check words under it. And i just checked it again just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
do you have any mods to your car?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by NocMan+Apr 30 2005, 03:41 PM-->QUOTE (NocMan @ Apr 30 2005, 03:41 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Apr 30 2005, 02:06 PM
Are you sure it wass your Check engine light or was it the Maint(enance) Req(uired) light?
Positive... has the little engine and then the check words under it. And i just checked it again just to make sure. [/b]
Ok, just making sure. I would take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Yeah first question is "did you mess with it". If not - dealer time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took it to the dealer that same day but since it was a saturday nobody was around to work on it. They were telling me that it just might be my K&N CAI. One of the guys there told me to just reset it. I was like how the heck do you do that. Told me to,
1. turn my car on to ACC
2. hold down my odometer rest button
3. at the same time holding the rest button down turn the car over
4. and poof its gone

He told me hes pretty sure its my intake but if i want to bring it back to them its all up to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally posted by NocMan@May 1 2005, 07:36 AM
I took it to the dealer that same day but since it was a saturday nobody was around to work on it.  They were telling me that it just might be my K&N CAI.  One of the guys there told me to just reset it.  I was like how the heck do you do that.  Told me to,
1. turn my car on to ACC
2. hold down my odometer rest button
3. at the same time holding the rest button down turn the car over
4. and poof its gone

He told me hes pretty sure its my intake but if i want to bring it back to them its all up to me.
good.... thats how you turn off your MAINTENANCE LIGTH

and their is no conspiracy, i hope that was a joke that flew over my head because if it isn't, that is the STUPIDEST thing i have EVER heard.....
there is no way for us to make your CEL go on at a certain time and the dealer is not going to mess up your car on purpose..... i mean, the last thing a dealer wants to do is warranty work.

and if you listened to a salesman, please ignore what he/she says, they are the biggest problem when it comes to service

edit:
oh wait, i just read another topic by you on another forum about this....

ignorance is a beautiful thing... isn't it?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by NocMan+May 5 2005, 10:53 AM-->QUOTE (NocMan @ May 5 2005, 10:53 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@May 1 2005, 03:31 PM
Seriously...tighten your gas cap.  I had a CEL a couple weeks ago and after tightening the gas cap it went away on its own the next day.
Hehe
ummmmm yeah im a goof ball
[/b]
So that was the problem?

·
Registered
42 Posts
just because it has a evap code, doesn't mean its always a gas cap
look for a disconnected hose near the airbox and check the vapor pressure
it should be at 1.30-1.42kPa range

but with the newer toyotas its the gas cap OR a loose hose near the intake
older ones like 98-01 camrys usually ment the charcoal canister

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.