1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The tC is an amazing vehicle... I guess thats why i bought it

·
Registered
675 Posts
i've got a tC.. bad news? not that I know of.. some have reported the sunroof popping.. scion is going to issue a bulletin on it and a fix.. supposedly scion came out with it? not sure about that yet.. only noise I've had is from the cargo cover.. and the radio door.. but to the right of the door (on the silver column) i took my fist and hit the dash.. no more rattles.. lol the door looks like it needs to be tightened down..

other than that.. felt a click in the brake pedal.. was actually in the dash. it's the relay for the brake light switch (connected to the brake pedal).. technician told me there was nothing they could do.. i kinda think insulating it would've been good.. guess it's positioned really close.. oh well..

cargo cover was making noise.. just have to put a little foam tape into that channel it sits in.. most of these things are small fixes.. first year production kind of expect it.. my 1996 civic coupe when new had a lot more rattles than this.. and they never went away.. not until i ripped it all apart and foam taped everything.. so i'm pretty happy with what scion/toyota engineers did with this car.. i can see where they saved money.. but i give them props for trying!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The only bad news for me has been the gas mileage, which has been frustratingly bad (under 22 MPG) -- regardless, I still love my tC!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc_mich@Oct 3 2004, 12:34 AM
...other than that.. felt a click in the brake pedal.. was actually in the dash. it's the relay for the brake light switch (connected to the brake pedal).. technician told me there was nothing they could do.. i kinda think insulating it would've been good.. guess it's positioned really close.. oh well...
i hear this too and am glad to know what it is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally, someone else hears the clicking noise when the brake is suppressed. I always hear clicks when I push on the breaks. It doesn't worry me, but I've never heard of such clicks in any other car I've driven.

It's nice to know that it's only the relay to the brake lights. Thanks for letting everyone know.

·
Registered
675 Posts
sure not a problem at all.. glad we all have the same quirks in our cars.. shows us it's normal.. well maybe not that sunroof popping.. but I haven't had that yet..

yeah turns out the technician told me that the relay is so close to the brake light switch it makes it sound like the switch is making the noise.. he said other toyota's don't have it this close, but in another part of the car, and since it's buried you can't hear the noise so directly.. i'd like to wrap it in insulation if i find where it is exactly..

but i've gotten use to it.. i think they saved money by not re-locating it.. that's why it's so close.. but yeah no problem in letting everyone know..

oh i'll let all of you know about what happens with the 3rd radio that goes in.. they are also going to look at the radio door and why it's kind of squeaking.. it didn't make any more noise when I hit the right side of the dash plastic (vertical silver on the right of the radio) with my fist. after that no more noise.. I think the clip may not be holding the console in good enough.. so then when people grab onto the radio door, it pulls the console slightly, hence no more squeaks.. but I'll let ya know later this week what they find.. I'll be there when they remove it.. so i can inspect it too..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts