Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i come out of ralphs today and see a bunch of kids next to my car. When i get closer, i see one of them has his hands on my car. As i walk up to them, i see one guy unscrewing my s2000 antenna. i push his hand away and start yelling at him about what the F is he doin. He tries to deny it and his friends made up a lame excuse of how he just likes to spin things when hes bored. i tell them to stfu cause thats the stupidest excuse ever. Being grossly outnumbered, about 9 to 1, although they were hs students, at least i think, they couldnt be more than 4 years younger than me, they were bigger than me. im just an asian guy standing 5'8", while some of them, including the guy jackin my antenna, were pushin 6'. luckily, none of them were talkin back and just takin my verbal abuse. i tell them to step the f away from my car and they all moved. a couple of them even tried to give me five and say were cool, but we aint cool. i tell them they are trash and stare them down as im driving away. Dam hs kids got caught jackin and they dont even know what to do. i seriously wanted to beat some ass but i know how to pick my battles, and that one aint a winning situation.

is there anything to do to secure the antenna down? i know there are these one small washer type things that are jagged in one direction and dig into the surface if turned in that direction. anyone got suggestions?

·
Registered
346 Posts
they got something, i forget whats its called, but it basically a glue or something that keeps it from being twisted off, but that means even you couldnt take if off either. so not sure.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Red Loctite. Sometimes called 272 or Stud and Bearing mount. It will practically NEVER come off if you put it on there. One problem: it might interfere with the electrical connection. Not likely but possible.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys, ill look into those.

and to reitterate the type of kids i was dealin with, the couple of girls that were with the group were laying down on the ground in the parking lot on the blacktop. to me, thats dirty, no self-respecting trash.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Don't sweat it man... you're definately the bigger man for "semi" keeping your cool. Kids will always be looking for trouble and unfortunately, they found your antenna. Good news is... you caught them before they could get it. You win!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Lance, could he possibly safety wire it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by ocscion@Aug 12 2005, 10:35 AM
So i come out of ralphs today and see a bunch of kids next to my car. When i get closer, i see one of them has his hands on my car. As i walk up to them, i see one guy unscrewing my s2000 antenna. i push his hand away and start yelling at him about what the F is he doin....
hehe you should've go:
"hey hey, you guys are doing it totally wrong! that's not how you do it, let me show you" then you unscrew your atenna, walk to the driver's door, unlock your car, get in, and drive away (optional: flip them while you drive away).

that would've been hillarious!

anyhow, you got there just in time. no lost done

·
Registered
185 Posts
^^that would've been funny. they would've been like wtf?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do that Jackie Chan thingy: slap their butt with the attenna.

Seriosly, why Toyota designed it this way? Can't it be good o'l fashion motorized attena that winds back into the car when you turn it off? Anyone has a clue and just start screwing them off and have a collection of tC attenas

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my antenna is short so i cant whip them with it. all i could do is poke them, haha.

yea im glad i caught those bastards, no damage done. now if they keyed my car, it would have been a completely different story. it could have been alot worse. i woulda lost my cool, then possibly get jumped, then get my car ####ed up even worse. good thing none of them were lookin for trouble.

·
Registered
243 Posts
wow that sucks. for the one person who got lucky and caught them punks, there are hundreds that won't. did you have a security system? also i suppose your insurance would cover it if it was stolen. wow what punks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As i walk up to them, i see one guy unscrewing my s2000 antenna. i push his hand away and start yelling at him about what the F is he doin.[/b]
Wow... mad props ocscion for not taking your shirt off and layingeth the smack down on their candy asses. Unbelievable why people can't respect our cars that we so enjoy and worked hard to buy. Haters!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Go to your local hardware store or autoparts store and buy some loctite. It is available in a few different types such as for use with plastic, bare metal, painted surfices, rubber, etc. Grab the one you need. That thing will never come off ever again unless you strap a grenade to it and pull the pin. Pz out

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
orange, actually anaheim hills

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by i_heart_tC@Aug 12 2005, 01:27 PM
"hey hey, you guys are doing it totally wrong! that's not how you do it, let me show you" then you unscrew your atenna, walk to the driver's door, unlock your car, get in, and drive away (optional: flip them while you drive away).

anyhow, you got there just in time. no lost done
i_heart_tc lololol thats something i can see myself doing.especially if i'm out numbered that's a good way to get outta gettin my a$$ whipped.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.