Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone my names Matthew, most call me Matt. Im 23 and live in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I own a 2008 tC with 120K, I've always taken care of my car, have been in one fender bender and went through one clutch so far. My car recently has been making a horrible rattling when running sounding like its coming from behind the motor underneath, I was told it was the cat. Well Its gotten really bad and today as im parking i hear this horrendous clicking noise so i immediately turn the car off and get out to look at things. Everything seemed fine until I saw that my coolant was really really low when it was just full. So i check under the car and see coolant just streaming down and don't know where its coming from. I dont know what to do or how the cat would even effect the coolant. I hope you guys can give me any kind of help if possible. Thank you.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
With the noise and the leak, I would check the water pump. They may not be related, could be a cat as well, but with them happening together it could be the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was thinking too so I'll look into it. Im going to get very active on this site and thank you for your input. Just debating on what to do. I'm still running the stock exhaust but am thinking about doing a full header back.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Headers will cause a rasp FYI, so plan to get a hi-flow cat or resonator to help eliminate it. Sorry to hear about the issues Matt. Welcome though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok sounds good ill look into it and thanks a lot its good to be apart of a forum. I really appreciate the input though. Hopefully going to have her running again today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it is my pump I have it replaced but the tensioner bolt snapped in two lol so now I can't get my belt on. I am also working on getting my exhaust on and just got the headers on for now. I was wondering if I used quick steel to try and put the bolt back together if you guys would think it would hold just long enough to get the belt on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts