Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of carsponsorship.com. Got my tc sponsored by filling out the application last week. Basically it is a full sponsorship for free gear for my car. The only catch is you have to go to at least one major H.I.N show with your car. And it is up to me to get all the parts on the car and show up when I say I am. Just woundering has anybody got involved in this type of program.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
For these manufacturers?

So it looks like you need to do this to get started:

1. Engine Aftermarket Modifications: You don't need any upgrades or modifications to get sponsored. Our sponsors are looking to sponsor those dedicated car enthusiasts who have the right attitude and will promote their products.:
2. Exterior and Interior Modifications:
3. What future upgrades would you like to do?:
4. How often do you attend car gatherings, car shows and/or car club meetings?:
5. Are you willing to wear your sponsors shirts, hats or other apparel they may give you? Also put any other information that may be helpful in their decision to sponsor you. Example: I will wear their logos all the time.:
6. Most of our sponsors require you to put a decal (apprx. 1" x 5") on your car or truck...are you willing to do this? If so, are you willing to put a larger decal on your car if your sponsor asks?:
7. Are you willing to go to atleast 3 car shows, car gatherings or other car events in a year?:
8. Please tell us why you think you should be sponsored. REMEMBER...Our sponsors are looking to sponsor those dedicated car enthusiasts who have the right attitude and the willingness to promote their products.:
9. Would you like to become a CarSponsorships.com Car Scout? Start earning money doing what you love the most! Become a Car Scout for CarSponsorships.com and make real money recruiting individuals for sponsorships.:
10. Please tell us where you heard about us?:
11. If your friend referred you please type his/her name:

Sounds like the pretty standard deal. Hawk the vendor's wares at car gatherings. Just one thing I don't like, you can't pick your sponsors.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Here's how it works... companies pay them to find X number of cars to sponsor. They take everyone until they reach that number. The House of Boom and DecalKits sponsorships go to everyone and you're getting vouchers for decals (wow, neato) and an opportunity to buy audio gear at costs far above what you can find it all at elsewhere. Rarely does anyone get sponsored through another company. They don't really advertise what kind of cars the companies other than those two I mentioned are looking for because they want more people to sign up. I wouldn't call it a scam, though people who never get returned calls/emails may disagree. I also wouldn't call it a real sponsorship, since you're paying for this "opportunity."

That being said, real quality sponsorships usually take a lot of hard work unless you have an "in" w/ a company. Typically, you need at least a magazine confirmation to get in w/ the larger companies. If you're just starting out, try local shops. My best suggestion is to put together a proposal letter, portfolio w/ pictures, and explain what you can do for the company.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, for all the input into this matter. I have this 2 page e-mail that says my package will include decals, vochers, and sponsor information and other pertinent information. Also a chance to be qualified for this dream package which consist of tires, suspension, brake system, exhaust, lighting, rims, and other modifications for your car. And I e-mailed customer support and they have alredy charged my credit card the $89 because I got approved. And know that you have shared some light on all of this I doub't they turn anybody down just so they can get the $89 proccessing fee.

Headquarters: Fort Myers Florida

Car Show Coordinator: Amy Chase

Anyway, I guess I will see what comes of it. Live and learn, Live and Learn!

Thanks, DH

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Something fundamental to sponsorships: you are receiving advertising money from a company to promote their products and/or services. The company sees sponsorship as an opportunity to reach out and touch a target customer audience. When a NASCAR team goes after corporate sponsorships, they show up with a business plan that describes what events they will attend, the expected media exposure from those events, the demographics of the fans and people watching on TV, and how they will prominently display the sponsor's logo on the car, their transport truck, the driver's suit, EVERYTHING.

If you want to be sponsored, you need to approach the idea with the same thought in mind, because no matter what level you seek funding, the person coughing up the money always wants to know, "What am I getting for my INVESTMENT?" So, if it's a local shop, tell them what local events you will attend, what the expected turn-out for those events is, what the likelihood of generating sales from these events is, and how you are going to prominently display their signage in your booth/pit/stall etc. Show a professional attitude and understand they want to know how sponsoring you will generate sales for them. If you can't do this, it won't matter how cool your car is, you're going to foot the bill yourself.

Stories about sponsors walking up and offering cash with no strings attached are just that: stories. If you really want to do this, you've got to show you understand business and how to generate new business activity for your sponsor. Got it? Now go work on that business plan so you can get someone else to pay for the coolio stuff on your car!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Carsponsorships.com is worthless. As lo bux so gracefully stated no company is handing out a free lunch to a bone stock car. carsponsorships.com would like you belive otherwise, and that's how they get your $89. Once you sign up they offer you the same lame sponsorship package they offer EVERYONE ("full sponsorship" from decalkits.com and a "quasi sponsorship" from blaupunkt). I should know, 3 people in my car club signed up with them. Sure some people might be ok with some lame stickers and a discount on over inflated audio equip prices, but I'm sure not lol. Oh and if you check with your credit card company, carsponsorships.com is listed as "charitable organization" and they put in that $89 as a "charitable donation" making it non refundable......hmmm.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.