Scion tC Forums banner

do you think that the carbon fiber accessories look good on the tC?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• only on flint

• only on black

• only on other

carbon

3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  INFAMOU& D 
#1 ·
i just wanted to hear what everyone thought about the carbon fiber stuff because i was thinking of buying the carbon fiber hood and b-pillar thing to put on my flint tC. ok thanx in advance..

See less See more
#2 ·
I like the pillar appliques, but think the hood is goofy looking because it doesn't match the rest of the car. It's kinda like painting the trunk of your white car red, and leaving the rest white.

#8 ·
I like the real carbon fiber on cars, but not the stick-on fake crap that is out there, i.e. that ebay auction of the "carbon fiber dash kit" but all it is, is a roll of the fake junk.

Except the b-pillar thing. That looks cool. I'm going to get those for mine. ha

#11 ·
Yeah my only problem with the b-pillars is that they dont wrap around the whole window and cover up that black trim, they just stop, as far as the 2-tone I love that look, just think you would have to paint the A and C pillars to match the roof and black windows to make it look real hot.

#13 ·
I'm personally not a huge fan of carbon, and I think the hood is pretty much useless, unless you buy it for looks, which imo is stupid. The b-pillar appliques look decent, but like other people said don't match the car, and kinda stand out, as opposed to accenting it. I'm all about sublety, and carbon's a bit too played out for my taste.

#14 ·
ok for those of you who use carbon fiber as a accent instead of the intended use.. dont buy it, casue if your looking for taste and looks its not gonna fly. But if your going into the import and performance scene then to you all the best. carbon fiber is the by far the choice for me. light weight, strong as steal if used right, and to my taste like no other paintjob you could ever get. ne ways my thoughts on the subject. -BoostedTC

p.s. yes the stupid ricer kids out played cabon fiber.. but like the player saying gose... dont hate the player hate the game... dont hate the CF hate the stupid ricers who use the carbon fiber
god help us if the ricers buy tc's

#15 ·
Originally posted by SilverX@Sep 4 2004, 01:18 PM
It you like it, go for it.

Personally I think Carbon is a waste of cash unless you're going all the way with performance.
I agree with both statements.

If you are going for performance, this should be one of your later additions I'd think once you get some power. It's got alot less "bang for your buck" than... well, most things lol.

#17 ·
I like the cargon fiber b pillers, adds a nice accent if your windows are tinted

Otherwise if I was buying that reverse scoop carbon fiber hood that's out it would only be to lighten and for that wicked reverse scoop, I'd have it painted to match

#18 ·
Strictly from a performance POV, i was at the Grand Prix in SJ a few weeks back and saw a Scion tC pace car....the interesting thing about it was that they removed the entire glass roof and replaced it with a carbon fiber roof. If you're looking to shed a lot of weight from the car, i think its a great idea. Does it look good? I guess that depends on you...What do you guys think?

#19 ·
just about everyone in these forums talks trash about "rice".in my opinion carbon fiber anything gives rice the soy sauce.so with that being said, all carbon fiber to me is hot garbage. but i'm more in to looks rather than performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.