Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kaminari made this for our project car to help us shed some weight in a very critical area since we are going to autocross in SM class against STI's, M3's, etc. We have to take some drastic steps to even think about being competitive and we are doing them, many done, many more to come.

The design calls for removing the glass, leaving the rest of the roof parts in place but we want even more weight reduction so will remove all the factory structure and make some aluminum mounts to attach it with.

Not posting pics now, new website is being built, will post them a bit later on when I have more time to do it right.

It is black gel coat on the outside and has a thick layer of carbon/kevlar on the inside which will be covered in very low weight insulating foam and maybe cloth over that.

Kaminari has not given me any time frame of when these will be available for sale.

Rick

·
Registered
445 Posts
ill pass...i like my glass.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Once we pull the roof off again, it will be the third time, we will evaluate how we want to mount the unit. I have some good ideas but have to see what we are into before knowing for certain what will work.

I imagine at the very most 3-4 lbs more than the new roof ways, could be less than 20 lbs which means saving over 40 lbs, a huge amount up so high on the car.

At the very least we will save 35 lbs or so no matter what we do:)

By the way, we may severely alter the headliner as well, will deffinately delete the sun shades, may delete the entire headliner and make some simple trim pieces, could end up saving 50+ lbs!

Rick

Rick

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are working on some major publicity with this project so cannot post much in the way of pics. Most of what we do it simple and clean, does not photograph all that well unless done professionally and under the right lighting and backdrops. I know how to do this but no time and the car is not ready for it yet anyway.

Sorry, not being secrative, just protective of our investment and too dang busy to even work on the car much right now;(

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.