Scion tC Forums banner

Do you like the Carbon Fiber Pillar on a Black Sand Pearl tC?

• Yes, I love it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I hate it.

• Either way the tC is hot!

• Don't know... can't make up my mind. (like me)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before: (peace)

After: (scotch taped on)

Before:

After:

You can see more pictures of the Carbon Fiber Pillar vs Normal Pillar off of the link on my signature.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think they look good. I have them on my azure and wasn't too sure about them at first but now I think they look great.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 3 2004, 09:45 PM
(of course I'd pay you for them!)
I don't know if I will put them on or not... I really like the tC logo... but the carbon fiber maybe a bit flashy for the black. Not really sure... mind is going back and forth between the two. I will wait a couple days before I decide (sleep on it... dream about it a bit
)... maybe I will get more feedback from you guys/gals too. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
imo, i dont care for it. If the hole car had carbon fiber accents, yeah, it would look cool as PART of the set up, but I think it looks kinda silly when it's the only thing that's carbon fiber. I also think that carbon fiber is a trend, and personally, i believe that fads fade quicker than you'd like, but the good thing about it is it's removable. So to whoever has it on, kudos, you made your car the way you like it and i respect that.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by whosthatrussian@Aug 3 2004, 10:22 PM
imo, i dont care for it. If the hole car had carbon fiber accents, yeah, it would look cool as PART of the set up, but I think it looks kinda silly when it's the only thing that's carbon fiber. I also think that carbon fiber is a trend, and personally, i believe that fads fade quicker than you'd like, but the good thing about it is it's removable. So to whoever has it on, kudos, you made your car the way you like it and i respect that.
Well... I was planning on accenting my interior with carbon fiber... the pedals and the shift knob. I was also considering buying some fake carbon fiber license plate holders.

I agree with you... it looks kinda odd (at least for the black sand pearl) to only have the one thing in carbon fiber.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Way too ricey, but if you are going for that...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf+Aug 3 2004, 10:36 PM-->QUOTE (imasaf @ Aug 3 2004, 10:36 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-whosthatrussian
@Aug 3 2004, 10:22 PM
Well... I was planning on accenting my interior with carbon fiber... the pedals and the shift knob. I was also considering buying some fake carbon fiber license plate holders.

I agree with you... it looks kinda odd (at least for the black sand pearl) to only have the one thing in carbon fiber. [/b]
hey, if you're gonna do it as part of a setup I say go for it, it'll prolly look hot. Post pics if and when you do it, i'd like to see something different w/ the tC, and by different, I mean other stuff than is offered through the dealer accessory catalogue. Good luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
i was thinking about getting them when i first started looking at the car. i saw them in person on a flint mica and i thought it looked good. like other people have said, i'm not sure about how the carbon fiber is just that little strip and doesn't cover more. after i got the windows tinted on my bsp i decided against it. i like the continuity of the dark black shine that the tint gives.

though, i think if you had more carbon fiber going on, they would be a nice accent.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by nae02etc@Aug 4 2004, 12:21 PM
i was thinking about getting them when i first started looking at the car. i saw them in person on a flint mica and i thought it looked good. like other people have said, i'm not sure about how the carbon fiber is just that little strip and doesn't cover more. after i got the windows tinted on my bsp i decided against it. i like the continuity of the dark black shine that the tint gives.

though, i think if you had more carbon fiber going on, they would be a nice accent.
Thats what I was thinking... it probably looks better on the flint mica than the BSP because the carbon fiber has a lot of shiny silver. It stands out too much on the dark BSP color. Thats what's keeping me from installing it. I think it contrast too much from the stealth of the BSP with tint...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Aug 4 2004, 08:45 AM
Way too ricey, but if you are going for that...
have to disagree. i have them on my flint mica and they are sweet. main reason i did it was for a location to close the door by with out touching paint. after a while oils in your hands will caseue that black to fade unless you keep it up very regularly. Also a fe years back i worked on a sport edition of a Mercedes that came with them stock. i think its a great look.

·
Registered
409 Posts
i personally love the carbon fiber appliques, i'm not a carbon fiber ***** or anything, they just give a nice addition to the car, I'm relaly not into carbon fiber hoods or hatches, i think it would look sorta funny with the glass window making the like whole part of ur car a greyish black color on top, well maybe on a black car or flint mica but tahts it =)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys/gals for your input... helped out a lot...

The poll on the other hand... hmm... not worth jack since the votes are pretty much the same across the board.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts