Scion tC Forums banner

Carbon Fiber Gas Door Overlay by Ycart1201

4K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  junky408 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the pictures. What I did was first made sure the gas door was very clean. Then sprayed the application solution (1 part soap, 4 parts water give or take) to the area. Then I removed the backing of the decal so I could line it up. Using masking tape I placed the decal over the gas door and with the help of the application fluid moved it so it fit correctly.

Then, I used my drivers license to slowly apply the decal from top to bottom. Holding the bottom off the sticker off the gas door, I was very carful not to get creases. Then once it was all on, I pushed out the larger air bubbles with my fingers and a credit card, carefully moving them toward the edge of the door....

Then, I slowly removed the top layer of the applicator sticker, being careful not to pull at a 90* angle, rather pulling it away flush with the rest of the sticker as to not pull the decal off the gas good and create air bubbles and or stretch the decal. Once those were off, I could see the sticker better and work more carefully on the air bubbles..

Then after pushing out any remaining air bubbles and using a hair dryer, I stepped back to admire my work...

I think it looks pretty convincing from a distance. In general, I like the way it looks. Here is one last pic... up close... one last air bubble that I missed... haha...

Please post your opinions.

Rob

See less See more
#2 ·
i think it looks nice, but to be honest i wouldn't have the balls to put on a vynil anything on my car. I prefer the clean look, and if I were to change the look of the gas cap, i'd probably change the gas cap itself. I do think that ycart did a great job, it's just a matter of personal taste. I think it looks very cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.