Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering, which CAI intakes are CARB approved for the scion tc?
just wanted to know which ones are CARB approved. and has the injen CAI CARB approved yet? i heard something about being CARB approved.

· Registered
507 Posts
YES, the injen intake is carb approved. i have one on my car and it has the sticker on it. as far as i know the k&n intake is carb approved also.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
yeah on the Injen site it says it isn't . But I went to the Superauto bacs and they had car bstickers on their tC Injen CAI's iono though could be a SCAM! (looks around)

· Registered
5,861 Posts
I never said I wanted it to be carb approved. It is better if it isn't because then that is just another reason why NOT to get it for me.

· Registered
11,890 Posts
Originally posted by mwuf15@Dec 24 2005, 05:35 PM
does CARB only apply to intakes or does it apply to exhaust too?
It applies to a wide variety of products out there that can alter the emissions characteristics of a car. So yes, that does include exhaust.

· Registered
507 Posts
a cop isn't the best resource for information on what is or isn't legal. for example. when i had my very first car i wanted to tint the windows. i asked several different officers what the legal limit was and i got anything from 35%-50%. i also had an "i'm not sure" for an answer. plus i've heard of rumors about different laws in maryland just from rumors and when i ask officers about them some of them never heard of it and others just don't know. they are going to tell you what they want to tell you. either so they don't look stupid or just to keep you from wanting to modify your vehicle.

now i would also like to apologize for my previous post when i said that my injen has a carb legal sticker on it. i confused it with the intake i had on my truck. again i apologize. everyone makes mistakes.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
if you dont remove a CAT and you meet the required decibel level, you are fine.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
He is right, though, about cops not necessarily knowing what is legal. It's simple enough to look up the statutes for most states online these days, anyway.

· Registered
5,861 Posts
I get nervous whenever a cop is close by when I am driving. A $320 dollar ticket is why.

· Registered
268 Posts
Does anybody know if a CAI is carb legal in NY?

· Registered
42 Posts
is that the same as carb exempt? i got athe aem cold air intake. the box and paperwork says it's carb exempt. i got the intake straight from aem for free because i submitted my car as an 06 fit verification for the intake. they told me that i shoudl have any problems with cops with it.

· Registered
268 Posts
Thats interesting, but i wonder about the rest of us that are from New York, if we'll have a problem getting an inspection sticker

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.