Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so has anyone used these so called "wash and wax" bottles?

its basically car wash soap with wax inserted into it? so all you have to do is wash it and rinse, and since the soap has some sort of wax in it, its supposed to leave your car looking like you just got it waxed?

i was pretty skeptical, seeing as i didnt find any posts. so i just went with the good ol car soap and buying the wax seperatly. [i still havnt used my E.o. nano wax... im looking foward to it]

anyways, what are you thoughts on this 2 in 1 deal?

have you used it before?

does it eliminate the purpose of waxing all together?

would you still have to use regular wax?

thank you guys in advance.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I haven't used it... from what I've read though, you would probably want to give your car a real wax every couple or 6 months (depending on the wax you use and the conditions your tC goes through). I wouldn't think that the soap + wax could hurt though, in the interim. Check out http://www.autopia.org/ for some good car care information.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just used Rain-X Wash and Wax about a week ago. You pour the solution into a bucket and add a gallon of water, your typical old school wash except with the wax in it too. It tells you to rinse the car then wash one section at a time, rinsing again and drying as you go. It worked really well for me and it still looks oober clean after a week.

I don't know that I would recommend it just because I've only used it once but you might as well give it a try. The whole process took me about 10 minutes and it looks just as good as a regular wax job. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Cool Ethan@Mar 9 2006, 07:04 AM
I just used Rain-X Wash and Wax about a week ago. You pour the solution into a bucket and add a gallon of water, your typical old school wash except with the wax in it too. It tells you to rinse the car then wash one section at a time, rinsing again and drying as you go. It worked really well for me and it still looks oober clean after a week.

I don't know that I would recommend it just because I've only used it once but you might as well give it a try. The whole process took me about 10 minutes and it looks just as good as a regular wax job. Hope that helps.
that stuff gives it a nice look but you don't get the "feel" of a waxed car. there's tnohing better than a waxed car, sure it may take 1-2 hours of it but the results are better than those 10 minutes anyday.

My process.

1) Eagle One Wash
2) Rim cleaning
3) Drying the car and rims
4) Mother's Claybar
5) Nanowax
6) Windows /w Rain-x
7) Wheel shine

Process takes about 3 hours.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Apparently, Wash & Wax is for lazy people like me who don't want to spend 3 hours washing their car. Like gcxandy said, it does give it a good look.. I used it on my dad's Dodge Ram and it looks better than ever (well, he hadn't washed it in months and never waxed it, but still it looked really good and still does).

·
Registered
249 Posts
I actually dont recommend using the "WASH & WAX" solutions my friend has been using the old turtle wax ones he has and never wax his tC. Once I touched his car it feels like as if all the clear coat is been stripped off. I asked him if someone replaced the solution with dish washing soup or something he said no, everyone knows dish washing soup can really kill your clear coat. When you touch his car, it feels like as if it's sand paper or something. So "WASH & WAX" a big NO.

There is always a small test you do when you finish washing your car or waxing it. get a light napkin and drop it on your hood. If it's smooth enough, it suppose to slide right off the hood.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Here's what I do:
1) Turtle Wax Zip Wax Car Wash
2) Meguiars NXT Insane tire spray
3) Eagle 1 Original Nevr-Dull
4) Meguiars Deep Crystal System Step 1
5) Meguiars Deep Crystal System Step 2
6) Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
7) Stoner's Glass Cleaner
8) Rain-X

·
Registered
121 Posts
Throughout the winter I take my car to the pay-and-spray. I was it at least once or twice a month. I know the soaps and the wax's and stuff in those aren't great for your car, but I have to believe its better than the roadsalt. Often times I'll even take it through the cloth-wash. The touchless automatic washes leave a grime on my car you can tell if you wipe your finger across it.

In the summertime I wash it with meguiers wash, and occasionally put on a coat of some high quality liquid wax. I pretend I'm dainalsan. I stay away from polishes and rubbing compounds and all that jazz. I really think when it comes to that stuff "less is more". I did claybar it once but I wouldn't do it more than twice a year. So far my car has escaped most dents and dings and only really has the standard couple of rockchips on the hood. It is one year old last month.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.