Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a code to replace my throttle body as my car (2012 Scion tC) had no throttle response. I replaced the throttle body and the gasket as well. I reconnected everything back in order and tried to start the car. It turns over then immediately dies out. It runs for maybe 3 seconds then the engine just dies. I checked all my hoses and sensors and everything is connected properly. I’m not sure what to do as my car is not drivable now and I can’t take it to a shop. What can I do?

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
57 Posts
Gas level, age & condition of gas & is fuel pump working/turn on when you turn the key to ACC?

Has there been any gas/engine treatments poured into the car? Avoid these unless the auto manufacturer has stated which one to specifically to use.

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
57 Posts
Check the fuses & relays, engine coil packs, spark plugs, ignition coil wire harnesses/pig tails, battery cables, loose corroded wires. PVC.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might have an air leak. Make sure all the clamps are on tight and the maf is good. If too much unregulated air moves though it'll shut off like described

1 - 4 of 4 Posts